Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Paper Players Challenge #82

This is my first time submitting a card for the Paper Players Challenge #82.  The colors for this challenge are Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Very Vanilla and Soft Suede.  I substituted Calypso Coral for the Poppy Parade and Whisper White for the Very Vanilla in today's card.  I used a masking technique to place the darling cherub perfectly within the heart.  Hope you enjoy today's card!  Wish me luck!

Products used for this card are all from Stampin Up! and can be ordered directly from my website: www.daniellevincent.stampinup.net/shop - please see list below if anything grabs your attention :o)

Cardstock base: Calypso Coral -from the 2011-2013 in-color collection (#122925 or #124329(assorted color collection from this group))
Whisper White cardstock (for cherub and border) #100730
Patterned paper: Everyday Enchantment (Sale-A-Bration special "FREE" with a $50 order - see my SU website for more details).
Hearts and border made using the Heart to Heart punch (#119881) and the Scallop Trim border punch (#118402).
The trinket heart and Pool Party bakers twine are from our the Stampin Up! Occassions mini catalog (I apologize that I can't seem to find my copy for those numbers but you can also find this on my SU website).
Stamps: Valentine Love - cherub (#122697 clear or #122695 wood) and Sweetheart - Be mine heart (#120780 clear or #120415 wood).
Inks:  Calypso Coral (#122939 Classic), Soft Suede (115657 Classic), Blush Blossom Stampin Write Marker (#100037) for cherub's skin.
Other fun stuff: Using the VersaMark marker (#100901) I lightly filled in the cherub's wings and then added some Iridescent Ice (#101930) embossing powder and heat set with my Heat Tool (#100005) for a light shimmer effect to the wings (doesn't show up too well in the photo but its quite nice) and last but not least I added a little depth by sponging around the white cardstock piece using a finger Sponge Dauber (#102892) and some more of the Calyspo Coral ink.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet Valentine! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, this is so cute...I love this little cherub, and honestly, this is the first time I've seen it used! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable, Danielle! This cherub stamp is one of my favorite images! I am so happy that you are playing along with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Danielle! The little heart charm is the perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for your nice comments. I've been following the Paper Players for quite some time and am glad I've finally joined along too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!