Monday, January 14, 2013

'ABC' Challenges - Photo Inspiration and Creative Card Crew #27 - Snow and Ice

Hello dear blog followers and friends.  We have a great challenge for you this week at 'ABC' Challenges!! We would like to see what card(s) this photo inspires you to make to share with us:
What do you all think of this photo for an inspiration challenge?  I saw this photo on face book a few weeks ago?  I could make this the Jan 14 challenge.  Or do you this this is too hard for a challenge?

As you can tell my by card this week I was quite literally inspired by this photo.  I remembered I had this great stamp set from a while ago that I thought would go just perfect for this challenge.  What do you think? 

Can you see the snowflakes that I embossed in white?  They really only show up when you tip the card slightly and then they are kind of like a watermark effect.  Cool but disappointing that they didn't show up as I had hoped. So then I decided to put the bigger "blops" of snow falling down. 
 Lots of puffy white snow and one poor little cold red bird.  

Here's another look and the inside too:


I can't wait to see how this photo has inspired you!  The other fine gals at 'ABC' Challenges have also got some beautiful cards to share with you - please pop on in and visit them.  
 
I am also entering this card in the following challenge: Creative Card Crew Challenge #27 - Snow and Ice. 
 
Thanks so much for visiting me today. Stay warm! Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! 


10 comments:

  1. Danielle, your cards are amazing! I love love love that puffy snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is GORGEOUS ~ inside and out!!!! LOVE the embossing and the snow! Beautiful work!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp set! This is one that I don't think I'd ever sell, it's perfect for so many occasions. I really like the fluffy snow and how you have all the white with the red bird. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle. A fabulous card!! I love the falling snow and the snow covered tree. That "cold little bird" is so sweet! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely stunning. That snow looks so realistic. I can relate to that poor little bird...it's cold here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle,

    BRILLIANT card - excellent take on the photo too! I think your snow idea is sooo coool (pun intended) Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stunning! I love this card!! So beautiful with all this snow on it and the little birdie is just gorgeous!
    A great great card!!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely cards. Your card is like your inspiration. That red bird certainly looks very vibrant amongst that snow. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Card Crew!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!