Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Seeing Shades of Purple for Dynamic Duos #76

Hello friends! I'm excited to share something a bit different for me today.  I made 2 - yes TWO - one layer cards. Shut the front door!! I was up late and on a roll - haven't been sleeping much lately due to a bit of work stress that keeps me awake. Decided to do something productive and try a technique that I haven't used for quite a while (or terribly successfully I might add).

My color combo is from the Dynamic Duos Challenge #76 - Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum.

I first inked up the block(s) with the Wisteria Wonder and then stamped over the top of the blocked spot(s) with the Perfect Plum.  At first I was disappointed that I didn't get a very even effect across the block when I transferred to the paper. But then I decided that this is exactly what I do like about it (does that make sense?)  because it is definitely a one of a kind that probably wouldn't look the same no matter how many times I did it.

I asked my daughter what she thought and she really liked the Wishes card but kind of wrinkled her nose at the Happiness card.  She said "I like them but they are different from what you usually make".  Exactly!! That's what I was going for - LOL.

What do you think? Do you like it - or do you think it looks "messy"?  I'm really curious since it's a different style for me - be honest, I can take it :o)  Hugs...D

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous inking and stamping on your one layer cards, great job, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous! I love these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, I love the block inking technique you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I especially like the Happiness card with the deeper color toward the outer edges and the silhouette stamped in the center!
    I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What an awesome technique. Wonderful job! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Dynamic Duos, we sure hope you will join in the fun next week as we welcome a *NEW* Design Team :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both beautiful !!! :) :) Great winning cards for @ Dynamic Duos!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!