Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Anything Goes - ATS&M Challenge #71

Hello friends and followers - hope each and every one of you is doing well and feeling healthy!! I got a wee bit of time to play in my craft room over the weekend and got caught up on a couple of my DT posts. Feels good to be a bit ahead instead of a lot of bit behind :o)  

So enough about me, let's talk about the current challenge starting today at Addicted to Stamps and More!  ATS&M Challenge#71 is ANYTHING GOES.  We are very happy to have a new sponsor for this challenge - Sami Stamps - that is offering a wonderful prize for our challenge winner.   Our DT member Nonni uses a lot of these images and I've admired them for quite some time.  I've made a card using one of their great digital images called "Little Acorn Bird".

 
Couldn't resist this great fall image! I fussy-cut around the image, added some distressing with Soft Suede ink (Stampin Up), and a few candy dots for texture (SU as well).  Did I mention that this is one of Sami Stamps recent freebies! Who doesn't love FREE??   
 
I'm finding that I need more practice with the coloring of nature images. I'm not super happy with my color choice for the acorns - they turned out more grey than brown - but oh well, I'll live with it.  Browns are hard for me.  I'll just keep practicing until I feel comfortable with the color choices and blending to look "natural".  Get it... nature -  look "natural"? :o) LOL
 
The other lovely ladies of the ATS&M DT have  also made some great projects to share with you during the ATS&M Challenge #71 - "Anything Goes".  I hope that you'll go visit them too and then decide to play along with us.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today - sure glad that you did. 'Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D
 
 

10 comments:

  1. What a super Thanksgiving card! I do like the backing paper and the sweet little bird is beautifully coloured. I rather like your acorns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is ana adorable image Danielle. And coloured so well. I love these rich Autumn colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle, that fall image looks lovely in the frame and I like the DSP you have used. Beautiful thanksgiving card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumn colors, my favorite! I know what you mean about coloring nature images -I also find it the hardest! Furry animals for example... So difficult! :) You did great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely bright card..:) cute bird..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Danielle! The colors are perfect for an autumn feel and I love this image. I don't have many autumn ones, so this would be great to fill in the holes of my collection of images. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful image and you have done it justice! Wonderful card, Danielle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome thanks giving card, Danielle. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with the image! =) What a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Danielle. Love your warm autumn colours and the way you coloured this lovely bird. Great card! Have a lovely day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!