Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #52 - "Make Your Mark"

Hello and Happy first week of July!! Time for the Make your Mark Challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! I must admit that this my favorite challenge that we do as I LOVE using my copic markers and coloring my little heart out :o)  It's like a second level dose of creative therapy for me :o)  This is a NICECRANE DESIGNS digital image that was so kindly given to me as part of the DT for our recent blog hop using these products.  Isn't she lovely?

Once again I've made a square card (really on a kick with that lately).  I used a Sizzix Framelit die for the main image and a punch for the sentiment.  A quick strip of an embossed piece of cards stock and a few coordinating buttons and I was done. The coloring of the image took the longest - but even that was very quick due to the shading built into the image.  I added a bunch of dots around the image as the background - not crazy about how that turned out, but it will do.  Colors are Stampin Up! - Always Artichoke and Peach Parfait (sentiment is in Wild Wasabi).

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today - I'm sure glad that you did!  Thanks to all of you who leave me such lovely comments each week.  It makes my heart happy to hear from you.  I was thinking the other day how much being part of a DT has helped me achieve a happier balance in my life.  I get to do something each week that I love and to share it with others.  I receive such lovely and supportive comments from my friends and and followers and I get to visit the participants of the challenges each week (as well as my own lovely DT teamies) to gain constant inspiration and to leave positive notes for them as well.  Its so much easier to look at life as if it the glass is half-full when I have that constant piece of positiveness in my life - and for that I am very grateful!

I hope you will decide to join us this week at ATS&M for Challenge #52 - "Make Your Mark". Remember that we have added colored pencils to the mix as well for those of you who don't use copics or other similar markers on your cards.  The other lovely ladies at ATS&M have also made some gorgeous creations to share with you so please go visit them as well.

Til next time friends...hugs and happy crafting! D  

12 comments:

  1. Lovely choice from Nicecrane! She is sooo pretty! I love your colours and layout. Why is it that we are so happy when colouring in?? LOL. I love it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely bold colours you have used Danielle - it's a beautiful image too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable image and I just love your choice of colours. This post is so lovely and I feel the same as you about being on the DT,so thanks for saying this so beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Danielle, I love the color combination on this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Danielle, I love that color combo! Great job with coloring too. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle. LOVE your flower fairy. The colours you've chosen work very well. I agree, Nicecrane images are a joy to colour in. Have a lovely week. hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The orange and greens looks so amazing together and makes this card an eye catcher!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colour scheme and colouring, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your square card! You love coloring because you are so good at it...I hate it because I stink at it! lol I wish I could use it as a stress relief! :) I really like your embossed panel. Why oh why did I decide to sell that one when it retired?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card recently...means a lot!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I think you've colored the image beautifully, and the blue spots work well as background. I often end up fussy cutting my images as I rarely succeed in making a background that I'm happy with. It's a lovely image and the colors of your papers work so well with the colors and the theme of your image! Beautiful!
    Note from Pia S. that I accidentally "fat finger" "deleted on my smart phone. Thank you Pia for your lovely comment :o) Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi D, Ooo! Fabulous job with this image. She is so adorable. Love the colours. Beautiful!
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!