Sunday, November 11, 2018

Stenciled Background Sympathy Cards

Hello sweet friends,
I'm sharing a couple sympathy cards I made yesterday
using a beautiful and versatile new stencil called Sweater Weather 
from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. I also used the hybrid inks from 
Kraftin' Kimmie - Bubbly Blue (brand new) for the background, 
Purple Petunia for the setiment, and Purple Pansy for the 
floral image on the second card.  I love these new inks. 

Here's the first card.  I sponged a little "heavier"
on the stencil to get a deeper background color. 

For this card, I wanted the background to be very subtle
so I sponged very lightly through the stencil.
The sentiment on both of these cards is a retired 
rubber stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie. 
The flower image on the second card is from Stampin' Up.

 I tend to only make sympathy cards as I need to send them out.  
Making sympathy cards seems to be such a struggle for me. The reason 
for them makes me so sad, and yet I know that they are probably
some of the most appreciated cards that I send out. Do you 
struggle with making these as well?   

I was seeking inspiration to help me make these cards and found the 
following card challenge themes to help me 
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C460 "Use less Stuff Day - One layer cards"


Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today.
Big crafty hugs to each of you! D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!