Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Merry Monday #23 - 3 for 3

Hello friends - in an earlier post I told you that I was so excited to be chosen as the guest designer for the Merry Monday Challenge #23 that I made 3 cards!  I have shared two of them with you and this is the 3rd and final one that I made based on the great sketch from Lesley below:
I was going with a fun take on this Christmas card for some friends and family of mine that live for Christmas shopping (especially the black Friday sales - which this year started at midnight - crazy!).  The packages are were made using a 1" square punch out of coordinating pieces of the Be of Good Cheer DSP (NEW from Stampin Up!) and the bows on the packages are made using the retired Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch.  I am love, love, lovin' this Christmas paper with its great reds and greens! It can be used in a fun, whimsical manner or a more traditional manner.   The fun sentiment is from a hostess only stamp set and the snowflake is from the retired Northern Frost snowflake Sizzlit Strip. 

As you can see, I really like the versatility of this sketch.  I will be using it time and time again, I'm sure.  Thank for stopping by and for letting me share my 3 cards with you - hope you like this one too.  Hugs!


9 comments:

  1. Just Gorgeous! They are pretty papers Danielle. I just LOve these little 'parcels and bows'. LOving the sentiment too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! What a fun idea to make presents out of the paper---I need to remember that for my upcoming card class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay LeAnne - I'm so delighted I have given you an idea to use :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another great card, Danielle! I love those packages and they're perfect with the sentiment! Thanks again for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really super duper double puffy heart L-O-V-E this card! MUST get this hostess set--LOVE your use of it in a Christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I love this, Danielle! Such pretty papers and presents! Goes perfectly with the sentiment!
    Thanks again for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks so much! I must share that I felt a little awkward about submitting so many cards this time, but I was so pleased with how they turned out and excited to share them with others that I just couldn't help myself. How nice to have a wonderful challenge to do that through! I appreciate the opportunity to share my work on the Merry Monday site and hope that people will pop in and see my work and be inspired with a new idea.
    I'm so excited that you like my packages and the overall different way of using this sentiment for a Christmas card. Hugs!
    P.S. Mynette you make me smile - I double puffy heart your sweet comment :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually think this is my favourite card of all three, I love those little gifts and the clean lines! Wow! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer Danielle.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, I love all those little gift boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!