Thursday, June 21, 2012

Paper Players 100th , DP2 Masculine and PPA137

Hi again!  I think I was having serious withdrawals while I was away from my cardmaking because I'm feeling like I just want to lock myself in my craft room ALLLLLL day and play!  But the sunshine is calling so I finished up one more card to submit in three great challenges today and then I'm out the door.  I'm really excited to share with you that this is my first attempt at paper piecing (used on the chair)! I have been wanting to try this for quite some time and finally found the perfect image to use as a newbie (not too much fussy cutting to mess up).  I really am tickled with how it turned out :o)

The Paper Players 100th Challenge is to use any past challenge to make a card.  I didn't start playing with the Paper Players until the challenges were in the 80s (and I started following this challenge when it was in the 50s) so I wanted to do an earlier one and what better place to start than the very 1st (see below)!
I also love to particpate in the weekly Mo Manning DP2 Challenges so I can practice with my copic markers with super cute and fun digital images.  The DP2Challenge #140 is "Masculine"  how perfect is that?  I grabbed this great Mo digital image as soon as I saw it because it fits my husband to a "T" - this would be one of the ways he would be happiest - in his comfy chair with remote and Diet Coke in hand.  Doesn't this fella look like he is having his best day too? You can find this digital image at Mo's Digital Pencil Store and its called "King for a Day".  I was traveling for Father's day this year so this is a late gift to my husband.
And last but not certainly not least I am also entering the Pals Paper Arts #137 Sketch challenge by Margaret Moody.  After all it's hard to make a great card without a great sketch to inspire you and this sketch certainly inspired me.    
PPA137
Thanks for stopping by to visit - I'm sure glad you did!  Hugs!

Suppies:  Cardstock - Midnight Muse (NEW In-color for 2012-2014) and Very Vanilla.  DSP - Comfort Cafe (NEW!).  Image from Mo Mannings Digital Pencil Shop "King for A Day" and colored with various Copic markers.  Sentiment is from a retired Stampin Up! set called "Its Your Day" stamped with Early Espresso ink.  Self adhesive brads that look like rivelets are from Close to My Heart (don't they kind of look like the fabric nails you would find on a piece of furniture?)

12 comments:

  1. WoW! Your back with a bang lol...
    Fabulous card. Fabulous colours....LOve your paper piecing....Must see more...
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy for your sweet note. You make me smile :o)

      Delete
  2. I love what you did with "King for a Day" it is just pefect. thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week for our masculine challenge.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie - I didn't realize that you had used this too until just a bit ago :o) You must have inspired me subconsciencely when I first glance quickly through all the great DT samples. I love what you have done with it as well! I especially love the paper you used for the chair and the darling pooch stretched out across the floor below his master. You've put them together so well that it looks like one image. I haven't tried melding two digital images into one yet - that's next on my list of personal challenges.

      Delete
  3. Great card! I love how you combined all the challenges. The paper piecing is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Danielle, your colouring is exquisite! I am happy you chose Challenge #1!!!! Thank you for joining us at our 100th Challenge Celebration at the Paper Players!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! I love the image, and you have colored it perfectly! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players and Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann - I noticed we used the same great Chevron paper. It's fun how that can be a feminine or masculine paper. Your new puppy is sure precious!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ann - I noticed we used the same great Chevron paper. It's fun how that can be a feminine or masculine paper. Your new puppy is sure precious!

      Delete
  6. What a fun stamped image! Love the layout and that an fantastic chevron paper background. So glad you joined us this week for our 100th challenge celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne Marie for your nice note! I wasn't sure at first about that paper - seemed kind of busy to me. But now I love it as it can be used for either a masculine or feminine card depending on what I add to it. Happy Saturday.

      Delete
  7. Hi Danielle! What a fabulous card! I love your paper piecing! I can't believe it's your first attempt!! perfection!! So glad you've joined us for this week's challenge at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!