Saturday, June 23, 2012

MOJO Monday #246 {Sweet Baby}

Hello friends! The MOJO Monday #246 sketch this week is designed by Mary Fish (see below).  This is such a great sketch and I wanted to follow it as closely as possible, however, I did make a few small creative adjustments to my card in order to use these darling stamps.  Each of the frames are  2'' x 2".  In order to get them all on the card, I adjusted the card size to 5 x7 instead of the standard A2 size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"), and adjusted the proportions of the panel on the left side of the card.  I also moved the middle frame in just a bit more than the others to call attention to the darling giraffee and the sentiment.

Most weeks of each month the MOJO Monday challenges are just for fun and are a great way to share creativity with lots of people (I get lots of inspiration from so many of the entries).   But, once a month there is a prize offered by the sponsor of the challenge - Verve Stamps - and I was the lucky winner of this darling Verve stamp set  that I used on today's card.  (You are NOT required to use Verve stamps to play along in the MOJO Monday challenges).  I have been itching to use this set for a MOJO Monday challenge since I got it and was excited when I saw this week's sketch.  Isn't it great how those frames work so perfectly for this sketch?!     

I used a NEW Stampin Up!  DSP called Patio Party and a NEW 2012-2014 In-Color called Summer Starfruit ( I think this is a delicious new color). My featured color combo on this card is Summer Starfruit, Baja Breeze and Whisper White.  I started out with brown frames (in a soft suede) which looked fine with the other two colors, but then got the idea to use baja breeze instead and liked it better.  The cute frames and animals are from the Verve clear stamp set called "To the Moon" - I fell in love with this set as soon as I saw it - so precious!!  I colored each animal with copic markers.  The Sentiment is from a NEW Stampin Up set called Bitty Banners. I used the coordinating Sizzix Framelits Bitty Banners dies for all three banner layers.      

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit - I'm sure glad that you did!  Hope you saw something today that inspired you.  Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. This is darling!!! LOVE your little animals--they're colored so fabulously! And that polka dot paper is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!