Saturday, July 28, 2012

52CCT - Embellishment Challenge, Christmas Stampin All Year Round & Merry Monday July Challenge

Hello all you Christmas card loving folks!  Time for another 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge.  Since it's the fourth week of the month, the 52CCT Embellishment Challenge #7 is to use brads on your creation.  So how fun is that??  Brads are such a great way to add dimension and depth to your projects.  I chose to add sparkly brads to mine. Pop into the challenge blog and check out what the other design team members have done with brads to provide you some inspiration. You're gonna love it!
In addition to my DT post I am participating for the first time in the Christmas Stampin All Year Round July Challenge which is to include a Christmas flower (holly or poinsettias) on your creation.  And am also still participating in the Merry Monday July challenge which is to make 4 Christmas cards (one each week) based on a past sketch.  My card today uses sketch #16 (see below). 
I just love this sentiment which is from a NEW Stampin Up set called "More Merry Messages".  I used a retired SU Sizzix die called Stocking Accents for the holly and added some glittery brads for the berries in the middle.  I think the result is a fairly clean and simple card but a bit of added depth.  One of the challenges of making a card with several brads is the issue of mailing them (it costs more or they may get torn up).  I don't usually let that stop me though - I just pop it into a padded mailer envelope and send it off.  I figure if I went to the extra effort to make a more special card then I'm not going to fuss about the extra postage. I'd rather it gets there still looking lovely :o) 

Here's another view of the card:
I hope you will join us this week at 52CCT!!! I'm having so much fun sharing my creations with you as a DT member and I am continually amazed at the inspiration that I am getting back from all of you.  I'm so glad that you create and share with us! I try to pop in and leave love notes for as many of you as I can.  Hugs!

Supplies (all from Stampin Up): Cardstock - Old Olive (base), Cherry Cobbler,Very Vanilla, and Garden Green.  Textured embossing folder (perfect polka dots - my all-time favorite).  DSP - Jolly Holiday (retired). Ink - Riding Hood Red.  Stamp sentiment - More Merry Messages.  Glitter brads in Brights (red). 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the paper and the embossed holly and wonderful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH SO CUTE!!! LOVE the brads as holly berries, Danielle! I adore your CAS layout, too! Glad to see you're having fun with us--we love having you at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These brads make perfect berries to the embossed holly! I love the way they frame the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card Danielle! Love the holly and your brad berries! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, your holly is fantastic. The brads with sparkle are perfect. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fab red sparkly brads make the perfect berries for your textured holly leaves - another great card Danielle!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!