Saturday, August 18, 2012

"Oh Christmas Tree" for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Theme Challenge #8 and My Time to Craft Challenge #185 - Christmas (in August)

Hello to all my blog friends.  Hope you are having a most excellent Saturday!  The challenge for this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown  is a Theme Challenge.  We would like to see  your creations that depict the title, line or verse from any Christmas Carol or Hymn.  If possible name it in your blog post too.  My card uses the "Oh Christmas Tree" verses (see below). 
I had this great DSP from Stampin Up! (now retired) that already had the words to the song on it -here's a close up so you can see it a little better:
Based on the song, I decided to make a Christmas Tree the focus of my card.  I was trying to keep it kind of vintage or victorian but I just could resist adding some bling to it.  After all, what kind of Christmas tree doesn't have some bling on it? As my daughter would say... "I know - right?"  Our tree is usually covered with handmade ornaments that the kids have made through the years or special ornaments that we have received as gifts, or ornaments that signify special events in our lives (or our favorite things). Our tree is a reflection of each of us individually, and us as a family.  I love to leave the lights on for a while after everyone else has gone on to bed, and the house is quiet, and just stare at it for awhile.  Its a nice time to relax and reflect on our blessings. 

I am also entering this card in the My Time to Craft Challenge 185 - Christmas in August - can't pass that up since I love to make Christmas Cards!  Lots of great inspiration there too. 

So how about it - are your ready to show us your Christmas song card creation??  Hop on over to the 52CCT challenge blog and see the wonderful inspiration that the rest of the DT has prepared for you.  I'll bet you find yourself singing some of the tunes (or at least humming them)!  We love to see your wonderful works of art each week so hope you can join us. 



Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today!  I'm sure glad that you did!  Til next time - Hugs!!

Details and Supplies:  DSP (SU) Deck the Halls.  Ribbon (SU) Very Vanilla Seam binding and 5/8" Crochet trim - Victoria.  The tree is made using the HOLIDAY letterpress printing plate and my Big Shot machine.  I added lots of clear rhinestones and colored some of them green with a Sharpie.  I sponged the edges of the tree with Ranger Distressing Ink in Iced Spruce.    

5 comments:

  1. Stunning creation, perfectly vintage hun, I love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stamp and wonderful colours for Christmas. Good luck with the MTTC challenge. Helen DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Danielle in fact I've been doing some browsing and you have been so busy, sorry I haven't left comments - life has been very hectic lately - your work is stunning though - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the traditional colors, Danielle! And your swirly tree with bling is so fabulous! GORGEOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Danielle, so festive and I think it's fab that the paper has the carol words printed on! Love the touch of lace and the bling on the tree was essential ; )
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!