Friday, August 17, 2012

PaperPlay Challenges - Week 33 - Upcycle/Recycle

Hello again friends!  There is a great challenge this week at PaperPlay Challenges - Week 33 that asks us to upcycle and/or recycle something to make a new card/creation/project.  I belong to a small card challenge group that picks a different theme each month and we had also picked recycled item as a theme.  I used the top strip of a Kleenex box (if you look closely you can see the serrated edges on the strip).  I also upcycled some felt flowers that I have had sitting in my stash for ages to  make this card.  I don't have a before photo to show you (didn't think you really wanted to see a picture of the top of a Kleenex box - lol) - but here are a few more photos to share.  I also recycled an envelope that had my name written on it.  I put a couple pieces of cardstock over my name and added a couple more of those felt flowers so that it can now be given to someone else (and it coordinates with the card). 
Here's the inside with some pretty embossing (flower kind of match those on the front):
And here s the card again with it's matching recycled envelope:

I have a handful of those tabs that are around the bread wrapper that I've been trying to decided what to do with. If you have some ideas - I'd love to hear them. One idea is to make a flower shape out of them.  Or they can be tabs along an edge of something.  Lots of possibilities... hmmmm... will see what I can come up with.

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today - I'm sure glad that you did.  Hope you enjoyed this card!  Finished card size is 5 1/4" square.  Cardstock colors are Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie and Pear Pizzazz.  Stamp set is from the Petite Pairs (a favorite of mine).  Til next time - Hugs!!

2 comments:

  1. really original and gorgeous, love the idea and combo
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! I love it, thanks so much for playing at Paper Play this week
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!