Friday, December 14, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Theme Challenge #12

Hello friends - here it is almost Christmas. What a blessed time of the year to celebrate the birth of our precious Saviour and to celebrate our connections with family and friends and to share our joy!  This is the last challenge for 2012 from the DT at 52 {Christmas}Card Throwdown. We wanted to have a little break to enjoy the season with our families, but we still wanted to get one last fun challenge in - with a "bang".  Our hostess this week is Jacqueline and she has the really fun Theme Challenge #12 of Christmas Crackers.  Do you know what Christmas Crackers are?  I didn't :o)  Here's what Jacqueline told me "Christmas crackers in the UK are like table favours, they are cylindrical and have centres that resemble toilet tissue middles. They have small gifts inside and a long strip of paper that when the two ends of the cracker is pulled go crack!"  Now that sounds almost like fireworks for Christmas to me :o) and so much fun that I might have to try to find some.   Here's what I came up with:
My Christmas cracker has (had) lots of confetti in it.  As you can see, I took direct inspiration from the photo and the explanation of what a Christmas cracker is.  You can Interpret this as you wish - images of crackers, hats, toys confetti etc - you can even do a joke card (as in you crack me up!) it's up to you.  The rest of the DT has come up with some other fun interpretations of this challenge that you will want to see.  So please pop on over to the 52CCT site and visit each of their blogs from there. 
 
Hope you can squish in one more week with us this year!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Til next time... MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS YA'ALL!  Hugs to each and every one of you.   
 

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could send you some crackers! I didn't realise they were so British! You obviously understood exactly what Jacqueline meant though because this card is brilliant - fun, glittery, lots of pop and sparkle, just like the real thing!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! This is amazing, Danielle! LOVE the use of the specialty papers and your sentiment is stamped to perfection! LOVE this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In keeping with the Challenge!
    A sparkling card, and the confetti looks like a firework!
    A "brillant" card!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!