Monday, December 10, 2012

Snowflake tree for 5 challenges {inspired by Hallmark}

Supplies: Cardstock -whisper white,gumball green and pixie pink (retired) all SU.,
Dies - Bitty Banners and Northern Frost (snowflakes, retired).
Punch - miscellaneous snowflake punches that I've had forever.
Rhinestones - retired SU special set from a past holiday mini
DSP - Be of Good cheer.  Stamp - Teeny Tiny Wishes
 
Hello friends!   My card today was inspired by a Hallmark flyer I got in the mail (see below). 
See the card in the middle made with the snowflakes? That's where my inspiration started.  Before I started making cards myself, I spent quite a bit of money on those Hallmark cards.  I still think they're beautiful but now I look at them and think "Hmmm... I should try that...I'll bet I could do that". 

Our challenge for you this week at 'ABC' Challenges is to make a card with Snow, Snowflakes or a Snowman on it, so I thought now was the perfect time to give it a go.  I'm pleased with how it turned out, but I wouldn't want to mass produce this, it took me forever to place my snowflakes just where I wanted them.   Here's a closer look at my snowflakes:

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Stampin' Challenges - Dies and/or Punches. 
My Time to Craft Challenge #200- None traditional colors (pink is my favorite NT color to use). 
Divas by Design #64 - Let it Snow
Paper Play Challenges Week 49 - "Christmas is Coming". 
 
Can  you believe it will be here soon!! I've hardly started by Christmas shopping but have a great stock of cards to send out this year (that's my project for tomorrow).  I hope you will decide to join us this week at 'ABC' Challenges.  Myself and the rest of the DT really enjoy visiting many of your blogs and getting lots of inspiration from you each week - please keep playing along with us, we love it!  Speaking of inspiration, there's plenty more to be had from the other DT gals so pop on over there and see what they've made to share with and inspire you!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit - I'm sure glad that you did. Til next time... Hugs and happy crafting!!  

5 comments:

  1. Danielle ... love that snowflake tree!! The different sized rhinestones are perfect decorations for your lacy tree. Well worth the time you took to put this together ... it's gorgeous! Loll xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful tree!!! LOVE the snowflakes this time and I adore your gorgeous colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, fantastic idea!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous snowflake tree...thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever card - this looks brilliant! :) Gorgeous snowflake tree.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!