Saturday, September 1, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Sketch Challenge #9

Hello friends! Time for a new challenge over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and this week Mynnette has a great sketch challenge for you (see below).
 
Isn't this just a great sketch?  This bright striped paper is a pieces from a fun new DSP pack called Snow Festival Designer Series Paper (#126908) and is now available in the SU Holiday Mini.  The cute little penguin peeking out over the edge is from a set called No Peeking (knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it) - I colored the stamp with my markers before I stamped it .  The Cherry Cobbler heart is from the Fashionable Hearts Embosslets (its the largest one in that folder).  The sentiment is from the set called More Merry Messages - a definite "go to" set for me with my Christmas cards this year. I used the large oval punch around the sentiment then I punched a second oval in Cherry Cobbler and cut it in half so I could layer it behind the first one and just a little of the color would show around it.    The ribbon(s) are a 3/8" Stitched Satin in gumball green and bakers twine in Cherry Cobbler.
 
I hope you enjoyed this card - I had fun making it to share with you!  Please pop on over to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge site and check out the other great samples the rest of the DT has made for  your inspiration. Leave them a little love when you visit - we are thrilled to hear from each of you.  I absolutely love popping into your blogs and seeing your cards so go get started won't you!!!  Til next time - Hugs and Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Love this card Danielle - your penguin peeping around the edge of the card is just gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too cute, Danielle! I love your take on the sketch. This card is awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, this is so stinkin' adorable! LOVE your little penguin popping over the side! LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Danielle - I love your peeking penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, festive and fabulous! LOVE that peeking penguin, he's adorable - a wonderful happy card Danielle, guaranteed to rfaise a smile!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!