Friday, November 8, 2013

Bring on the Cake - Two Birthday Cards for Two Special Ladies

Hello dear friends - so happy you've stopped by to visit me! I have a couple cards to share with you that I made for a couple very special ladies in my life.  Here's the first one for my friend Karen:
Isn't she cute?! I added just a bit of sparkle on the top for the flames.  Not sure why I used pink on this card as it isn't her favorite color at all - lol - but I hope she liked it anyway.  I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Divas by Design - Use a Digi
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes w/Texture (brads  & sparkle)
The Corrosive Challenge - #186 Tic Tac Toe (using middle row)

And here's another card that I made for my Mom:
This one is 5 1/2 inch square.  The design is based on a recent RetroSketches challenge that I didn't have time to play along with at the time.  The image is from Meljen's designs colored with my copic markers. My mom isn't a fan of mice but she said "Oh this is so cute!" when she opened her card :o) 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Divas by Design - Use a Digi
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes w/Texture (embossing, flower, ribbon  & sparkle)
Meljen's Designs Challenge #185 - Friends Forever (since my Mom is also one of my best friends, I think this qualifies for the challenge theme).    

5 comments:

  1. Both cards are adorable, Danielle. I'm glad your mom enjoyed hers! Thanks for playing along with Meljen's Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so sweet and adorable. Love the image on each one. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think my comment went through so I am commenting again. I love both of your cards. The images are adorable. Great design. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards Danielle! I find this Mo's image so funny and the colour combo you chose for her is wonderful!

    Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge Blog this week :)
    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Danielle! Thanks for entering our challenge over at Meljen's Designs this week,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!