Tuesday, January 7, 2014

You Make Me Happy - ATSM#77 , PP177 and CFC125

Hello dear friends and followers - thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today!

Sunday was a very cold day here so I spent 1/3 of my day with laundry & cleaning, 1/3 of my day trying new recipes (using my new Pioneer Woman Cookbook - oh such yumminess) and 1/3 of my day crafting and getting a bit ahead with my DT cards for this month.  All in all I'd say I had a pretty good weekend - especially the crafting part :o)  In case you're wondering, I did get out of my jammies but went right into my comfy sweats - lol!

This week marks the first challenge of 2014 at Addicted to Stamps and More! (ATSM).  ATSM Challenge #77 is "Make Your Mark".  This is the one where we like to see you "color" in whatever form is comfortable for you such as markers, colored pencils, chalks, watercolors, crayons, gelatos (I think that's what they are called - I've only used them once).

Our challenge sponsor this whole month is Deedee's Digis who is offering our Top Addict each week their choice of 3 digi sets (a terrific prize).

I'm using an image from one of the sets called "Make a Joyful Noise".  I love roosters and have several of them in my kitchen.  Not exactly sure why since I most definitely am not a morning person - therefore a rooster wouldn't last long around my homestead - might make good soup though - hahaha.  Anyway...please take a look at what I made:
I am entering this card in the first challenge of 2014 over at The Paper Players #177 where Nance has chosen a theme challenge to use the chalkboard technique.
I have attempted this once before but didn't get great results, so this time I followed the link to the tutorial and it made it oh so easy to achieve.  I stamped the sentiment (Note: Sneak Peek Alert from the new Stampin Up! Sale-A-Bration catalog coming soon!) with Versamark and then heat embossed using white embossing powder. After smudging some white craft ink around on the panel, I then used a white watercolor pencil to draw the border and doodles around the edge.  All of this was outlined in the tutorial.  I am so happy with how this turned out.  I think the smudges look very much like the markers left by the chalk erasers.

 I also hope this is considered CAS enough to qualify for CAS-ual Fridays (CFC125) In a Word - which asks us to choose a word which we hope for in the new year.  My word is "Happy".  I'd like to celebrate all the little things in my everyday life that make me feel happy. Just don't think you can ever have too much happy in your life!

I hope that you will decide to join us this week at ATS&M for Challenge #77 - Make your Mark. The other lovely ladies on the DT have made some wonderful creations to share with and inspire you. Won't you please go visit them too and take a look? 

We also have a fabulous Guest Designer for the next two weeks - Gemma - who has been a regular participant in our challenges.  We are delighted to have her with us!  I'm sure she would love it if you would stop by and say "Hey!". 

Til next time friends...hugs and HAPPY crafting! D

16 comments:

  1. Whether u get into Jammie's or comfies ;) ur cards are terrific. In love the chalkboard BG n the coloring on the image simply awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun card! Love that image and he's beautifully coloured. I do like the chalk board technique here - works a treat!

    Just how cold did it get with you this week? It's been awful here in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rooster certainly looks happy! From someone who owned roosters and hens, the roosters can get a little annoying lol. I only have hens now so sleep in is guaranteed. I love the design of your card - the chalkboard technique looks awesome. Happy New Year, my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Your weekend sounds like it was perfect! I have never tried the chalkboard look but this sure worked out well for you and your rooster looks very happy perched there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of chalkboard technique, what a fun idea to use it for a background for that rooster image, I have to CASE your idea in the future! :) Your card is perfectly happy, I love the colors you chose for the rooster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card hunni and love the chalkboard technique too, also thank you for your little mention and i am over the moon to be working alongside you all over the next couple of weeks :)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle, your chalkboard bg looks fantastic, I love my chooks too although I don't have a rooster due to their noisy reputation! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Danielle, your chalkboard bg looks great and fabulous use of the image. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the chalkboard effect!!! I have yet to try it despite its popularity. You nailed it! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle, this is perfect! What a great coloring job and I adore your line doodles! So glad you joined our challenge this week---good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! Loved the way you write your posts, had a smile on my face while reading. Loved the chalkboard technique and your card is soo good.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Love that adorable rooster image (which you colored perfectly), and the sentiment is the perfect match. Great card, Danielle! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the chalkboard technique with that stamp! It's perfect! Your rooster looks like he is doing some teaching the way you have him there on the corner! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this!! The doodles add so much to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you are ahead!!
    I'm sooooooopo far behind -- lol !!
    Love your card & doodles !!
    Great design, too !!
    Thanks for the positive comments on my blog !! Hugs!

    Nicole’s Craft Nook
    Nicole’s Valentine’s Day BLOG Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Danielle. Love your rooster. Great layout. Fabulous card! Have a lovely day. hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!