Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Wishes

Hello again friends! Last post for the evening to share the card I made for my precious
daughter. She had seen the image after I colored it up during a Live Colour Along session 
with Alyce from Kit and Clowder (where I've been taking skin & hair coloring classes).
She asked me to please, please make her birthday card with it this year.  
So of course I did :o)
She squealed with delight when she saw it.  
I must admit that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out too.
Take a look:
Digital image "Icy" by The Greeting Farm

It felt strange making her a wintry birthday card when her birthday was just 
two days after Easter - but here's a little story about my daughter. 

Our precious little girl was born nearly 6 weeks early on her Daddy's birthday.
I went into pre-term labor with her and we spent nearly two days in the hospital on meds. 
In the midst of this - my husband gets either the flu or a case of food poisoning 
(still not sure which it was) and has to leave me.  Miraculously my labor stops and 
I'm able to go home the next day.  Two days later, and when my husband is better,
my labor starts again and back to the hospital we go. After a very scary situation 
in which we lost her heart beat and were prepping for emergency c-section -
suddenly she decides that she is ready and she came into this world very quickly.
And...on her Daddy's birthday :o) just exactly, I'm sure, as she had always planned.
Every day since she does things in her own way and in her own time.
Oh my, you should have seen some of the outfits she would dress herself in - lol!     
So, for her to have a winter birthday card on her spring birthday 
just seems par for the course - and if it makes her happy, it makes me happy :o)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Stampin Challenges - Lots of Layers
Sketchy Challenges #71 Cordine's Sketch (see sketch I used below)
Squirrel and Fox Challenge #68 - Use Die Cuts or Punches (I used both)
Kit and Clowder - April Challenge - Use Blue
Robyn's Fettish Challenge #208 - Square  Cards
Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #77 - Ladies
Creative Card Crew Challenge #60 - Girly
The Outlawz Challenges - Twisted Thursday Anything Goes with a Twist Birthday Card

Thanks for letting me share this card and a little bit about my sweet, sweet girl.
Til  next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

14 comments:

  1. You've made a lovely card for your daughter. Great choice of papers and colors, they work really well with this image. I think you did the girl's skin and hair beautifully, and the pleats as well. I find dresses so hard to color, so I often end up paper piecing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Design Just perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, thank you so much for joining us this week, it is much appreciated, I do hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge...
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 25: frame it - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT - thank you also for entering this for my Patterned Paper April challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are beautiful. And I like the way you embellished your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, beautiful colours. Bet your daughter is very pleased with it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.

    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I adore the colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant card and perfect for our challenge at Suzy Bee's. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card! Love the colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketchy challenges!
    hugs
    cordine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Just adore those design papers and bling with her thank you so much for joining in on the sketchy challenges ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so pretty. I can see why your precious daughter wanted that image. Your coloring is fabulous.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific design on your pretty card! Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic card with fantastic colours.
    Thankyou for joining our challenge this fortnight at Crafty Girls.
    Hugs
    Fiona dt/blog co-owner x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful. Love the image and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good luck. Maggie - DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!