Tuesday, February 19, 2013

ATS&M - Addicted to {Vintage} and MOJO Monday 281

Hello dear blog friends and followers - I was so excited to see that I have a few new followers in the past couple of weeks!  Welcome and I'm so glad that you've decided to join along.  I hope that you like what you see and that I can inspire you in some way with the cards that I make :o)

This week the challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! is to make a Vintage card or other crafty creation.  Vintage is definitely one of those types that is outside my comfort zone and yet I'm thrilled when I have the chance to give it some more practice.  My card is based off the MOJO Monday #281 sketch (see below). 
I've made this card for my husband's niece who found out a couple of weeks ago that she has Hodgkins Lymphoma. She has started her first round of treatments but is waiting to find out if the cancer has gotten into her bone marrow.  We are all praying for her like crazy that the answer is "no" and that she will only have 3 more treatments to go. We are told that this is a highly curable disease, especially when caught early.  This little gal - who is a mom to three very young kiddos, has the most positive attitude and strong faith of anyone I've seen in a long time.  She keeps us updated on Facebook quite often thankfully.  I wanted her to know that we are continuing to pray for her and to stay strong. 
 
Thank you for stopping by to visit me today. It would be great if you decided to join us this week at ATS&M and share your vintage creations with us.  This week the ATS&M challenge has another fabulous sponsor and prize that you could win.  Pop on in and visit the rest of the DT here won't you? They don't seem to struggle what-so-ever with the vintage theme as their creations are amazingly beautiful.   Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D
 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Danielle, love the layout. It reminds me of a vintage pot of face powder:) Hope your niece had good news soon.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a stunning card, luv the rich color combo...hope you have a fabulous week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made such a lovely card, I love the color of the background paper, and the colors and patterns of your circles are perfectly coordinated. Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle. Thats a great layout. Must remember that one. The colours and distressing make this a fabulous vintage card. How clever to combine the two challenges. Thoughts and prayers are with your Niece and I hope that you will have good news soon.
    Hugs, Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Danielle. Something different, great combination of the challenges. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle. You did a fabulous job with this vintage challenge! Love your circles of designer paper. The distressed edges and little bits of bling really give the card a vintage feel ... along with the gorgeous lace and rose. My thoughts are with your niece and your family - wishing you good news. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Danielle! I don't think you struggle with vintage... Lovely papers. All my best wishes for your Niece and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sad Danielle, I hope all goes well for your family. Beautiful card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh preeeeetttyyyy!!! I really like this!! Sending get well vibes your nieces way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you to all of you who have me such kind comments on my card and thoughts of good vibes for my niece. We received word today that the cancer is not in her bone marrow - thanks be to the Good Lord! Now they need to decide the best method of treatment for her - but its very hopeful and probable she will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the card, Danielle! Best wishes to your niece and I'm so happy you have had a little good news xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card and layout! The colors and papers you've used are very elegant and the upper left corner of the card is really beautiful!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!