Monday, July 1, 2013

'ABC' Challenges - Anything Goes!

Hello dear friends and followers - Happy 1st day of July!  We have had a rainy month of June here in Montana and as a result everything is very green and lovely.  Lots of pretty flowers and bushes right now practically everywhere you look - it's wonderful.  I used the beautiful summer scenery for my inspiration this week for  'ABC' Challenges - Anything Goes.  Oh boy... this is always a popular challenge and we see so much creativity and beautiful cards in our gallery.  I'm doing my finger and wrist exercises to get ready for all the comments I plan to be leaving for our participants this week. We love visiting you and seeing  your beautiful cards, but get very disappointed when we absolutely LOVE an entry that has broken the rules and therefore can't be chosen for our Top Award and guest designer slot (and its really not fair to the others who have entered).  So please remember to follow the rules (your entry must be a card, the number of challenges you can enter in addition to ours is limited to 10 and no back-linking is allowed).

So enough chit-chat from me.  Here's my card this week - enjoy!
I've really been into making large square cards lately (this one is 6"x 6").  Those fun colored dots that look like little brads are actually some new self-adhesive dots from Stampin Up! I love them. They come in each color combo family so there are lots of options.  Often it seems that I decide I want to add a brad after I've glued everything down and don't want the prongs poking through into the inside of the card - so then I just have to forget it.  With these great dots I no longer have that worry :o).  The stamp is one that I've had in my drawer from quite some time.  It didn't stamp well in the middle so I used my copic liner to fill in the spaces (thank goodness for that little marker).  I used glittery copic Spicas on the butterflies (that doesn't seem to show up too well in the photo).  As a last minute touch, I crimped the edges of the paper corners so that it didn't look so neat a tidy. Kind of a combo of different styles -but it seems to work (at least to me).  
.
For more inspiration from the other talented DT members at ABC Challenges - just click here and it will take you right to the challenge site.  Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

2 comments:

  1. Danielle, your card is beautiful. Your coloring of the image is great and I love the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sentiment you've used for this card! I just love spots, and the self adhesive dots match the paper perfectly! The detail of the crimped edges I'll keep in mind as an option for my future cards - I like the effect of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!