Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ATS&M #66 - Anything Goes and Sweet Stampin - Autumn

Hello friends and followers - so happy that you've stopped by to visit me today - Thankful really!! A couple weeks ago I watched a video on the sunburst technique.  My first couple of attempts looked like a 5 year old did it - a tad heavy handed with the sponge dauber. After a few botches attempts I finally got the feel for it (it really wasn't as hard as I was making it) and the result is what you see above.  

I made this card because I've been inspired many times by the beautiful sunsets that we see each night out our back patio door.  I also wanted to reflect on my favorite time of year - Fall/Autumn - and the fact that I have so very much to be thankful for.  The sentiment "thankful" is one of three new ones in a new thinlits set I got from Stampin Up! and it sums up perfectly how I feel.  I feel this way when I get up each day, when I get a big hug from my daughter (who is now taller than me), when my puppies are sitting on my lap while I watch tv, when I see a gorgeous sunset, when my pantry is full of food, when I make an especially good dinner for my family, when someone else makes me dinner, when I get a good night's rest, when I hear my son's voice on the phone, when I take a long hot bath, when I see the smiles on the faces of my friends, and when I get to craft and share that with each of you as part of my wonderful and extended support network of lovely people in my life.  The list could go on and on - but you get the idea :o)

I'm sharing this with you today for my DT card for Addicted to Stamps and More! (ATSM) - Challenge #66  "Anything Goes".   This is a very popular theme each month and we get so many wonderful entries.  The rest of the DT ladies have also made some amazing creations to inspire you.  I hope that you will pop on over and visit them and then decide to join us this week.

I'm also entering my card at Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Autumn is here!

Thanks again for stopping by. I hope you take a minute or two to reflect on what makes you feel thankful. Til next time friends...hugs and happy crafting! D

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love the sunburst. You did an awesome inking and yes I loved what you wrote in ur post. It's these little things that bring happiness and we sure should be thankful for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this in my blogger feed ~~ what a beautiful scene!!! I guess it does take a few times to get the hang of it, but you nailed it!! LOOKS GREAT!! :) :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Danielle! Great job with the technique. What a nice blog post too, always great to read about your thoughts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, your sunset is gorgeous and the strong sentiment is perfect. But I have to say, your post today is wonderful, it makes me reflect on all that we have to be thankful for-thank you for reminding me of this x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danielle!
    Wow what a gorgeous card! Love it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glorious sunset you've created on your card - it's fab. We're having some super sunsets here too! I love the sentiment and your post is a joy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle. What a fabulous card. Love the sun, it looks amazing ... and you used my favourite stamp!!!! Love it. Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle, you have encouraged me to try this technique again. My first attempt looked like our 2 yr old grandson did it. I just need to keep trying. Don't we have a lot to be thankful for. We need to count our blessings each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Danielle. You have nailed the sunburst technique!! Your sponging is perfect - so glad you persevered! And, of course, you've paired it with my all time favorite set from SU! ... I never get tired of Lovely as a Tree. :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!!! I love the sunburst technique that you used!!! I need to find that tutorial and take a look. I want to make a sunburst!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle, love how you created the sunburst and the bold sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin', Thank you. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card. I love the autumnal colours you've used especially your sunburst. Your card is perfect for our challenge. Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely scene and autumn colors, and the die cut sentiment is SO decorative! This card is really beautiful, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, Danielle! Your sunburst is AMAZING! I love how you stamped the trees on it and the sentiment works perfectly! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful sunrise, Danielle! That is certainly something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! Love the rich autumn colours. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge.
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card and a great post too, Danielle..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!