Saturday, January 18, 2020

After Christmas Christmas Card - Beary Big Hugs!

Hello friends and followers.
Once again I found myself scrambling in December 
to get enough Christmas cards done to send out. 
I LOVE making Christmas cards - but I also love
making cards for every other reasons (LOL) which puts
me behind when I need them.  
So...this year I'm going to try to make at least one Christmas
card a month. Hey 12 by December is better than 0 don't you agree?!

This is my first one using an adorable stamp set called 
BEARY BIG HUGS! by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

Here's a little bit more about how I made this card:
The background is the negative (or reverse) side of 
a stencil that I had swirled a bunch of Nuevo glimmer
paste on.  I misted the panel as well as the paper
and pressed down the stencil as firmly and evenly 
as I could.  If you zoom in you can see the snowflakes.
I think a thinner paper (this is watercolor paper) might  have
shown details of the snowflakes better.
It wasn't quite what I was expecting by I really like it. 
The stencil is Sparkling Snowflakes (also by Kraftin' Kimmie). 
The blue tag is actually a recycled Christmas tag from
one of my packages.  I used it as a template to cut the 
second tag and then sponged all over it with Sparkling Sapphire
(KKS hybrid ink).  I pressed a bit hard a couple times 
to get more of a smudged look to match the background.
I forgot to tie on a piece of twine before I glued down the
white tag (shucks!) so I covered the hole with an enamel dot. 
Stamped a few extra snowflakes from the Snowflake Kisses 
(after sponging) and fussy cut the copic colored bear.  

I'm sharing this card in the following challenges:

Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today!  Hugs! D

4 comments:

  1. Totally cute and adorable Danielle. Lovely layout. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little bear and wonderful christmas card, Danielle. I like the background and also the use of tags.
    Thanks for joining our Christmas Challenge @ Little Red Wagon and i hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card and never too early to get started on your holiday cards! Thank you for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!