Monday, July 16, 2012

A Clean and Simple Card for Color Throwdown #200 (CTD200)


Hello and Happy Monday!  I was delighted when I woke up this morning and didn't have trouble getting out out bed.  I was just sure that after my 2 1/2 hour hike yesterday that my legs weren't going to want to function this morning.  They are a little stiff - but I'm not waddling or complaining - so it's gonna be a great day - LOL! 

I have mentioned that color challenges are actually one of the hardest for me to do - especially when there are more than 3 colors to work with.  I think that there are many of you out there like me too.  But I love to keep challenging myself creatively so I try to find atleast one each week to try.  I've been watching the Color Throwdown Challenges for awhile and decided to try it this time because it's their 200th celebration and the design team cards are just wonderful - I couldn't pass it up.   Here is the inspiration - how fun is this?!?

Because I was already challenging myself in the aspect of incorporating the four fun colors, I decided to go for a clean and simple approach with my card and concentrate on the colors more than the papers or embellishments (oh - have I mentioned that CAS is also a challenge for me?) - and this is what I came up with. 

I really like it and am proud of myself for keeping it CAS! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit today - I'm sure glad that you did!  Hope you saw something that inspired you.  Did I mention that they are giving away blog candy at CTD200?  Check it out and play along if you are so inspired.  Hugs!

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - Whisper White and Temptin Turquoise.  Stamp (image and sentiment) -  On the Grow (retired).  Staz On Black ink. Classic inks (colored in with blender pen) - Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery and Basic Grey.  I colored the three little rhinestones with a TT marker.  Sizzix Dies - Labels Collection Framelits.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous job using the color combo and I love your CAS design!! I'm so glad you could join in our CTD200 festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have nailed the CAS design and the colours work out really well. Lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!