Monday, July 9, 2012
Mo's DP2 Challenge #142 - "Anything Goes w/a Mo's image"
I have a dear friend who has been going through some rough times lately. She recently had to put her beloved dog down due to cancer which was very, very hard for her. Her normal response when things get tough is to laugh - deep belly laughs. But when she get over the top with everything she laughs in more of a histerical manner. I've heard that in her voice quite a bit lately and decided that I need to make her a card to let her know how much I appreciate that she just keeps laughing, and that eventually it will be better (somehow by the grace of God it always is). She loves bold, bright and rich colors so that was the inspiration for my color theme as well. Here's a peek at what I did on the inside:
Mo's DP2 Challenge #142 is "Anything Goes w/a Mos image". I have been fussing around with this card for about three days trying to get it just right. I think this newer large shaped Sizzix die kind of threw me for a loop and I had a hard time trying to fit embellishments around it. It was either too much or too little it seemed. So... I finally decided I liked the more rather than the less and to just go with it. I don't think it's my very best work, but I'm pleased with how my coloring turned out and I'm sure it will be appreciated by my friend when she opens it.
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today - I'm sure glad that you did! Hope you enjoy this card as well. Hugs!
Details and Supplies: Finished card size is 5 1/4" square. This darling Mo's image is called "I Dunno - reduex" and it can be found at Mo's Digital Pencil. I colored her and her friend Bronte with Copic markers. The DSP is a retired stash from Stampin Up called Tea Party. The flowers were made with the following punches - Blossum (larger red flowers), Boho Blossoms (medium sized flowers) and the triple flower punch (small flowers - retired). Sizzix die - Apothecary Accents Framelits. The conversation bubble is from Close to My Heart - I inked it up with Daffodil Delight from Stampin Up before adding my own saying. The final embellishment was some bright buttons in Real Red and some basic pearls for the flower centers.