Thursday, July 19, 2012

Technique Tuesday - Cascading Card and Our Creative Corner Color Challenge

Hello friends - here it is Thursday already - Wow, where has the week gone?!  This card is a first for me - as it is the very first time I have made a cascading card!! Okay so I got a little overly generous with the hearts but I'm soooo excited that it turned out!  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be thanks to the wonderful step by step tutorial by Mynnette at Technique Tuesday.  Honestly the hardest part for me was figuring out how to get the slots together - I'm kind of technically challenged that way - LOL!  Here are some more pics of this from different angles. 


This is what it looks like when it is laying flat - the overall finished size is 4" x 7" so it will fit in a 5x7 size envelope. 
So Mynnette, my dear, this one is for you!! Thanks for pushing me outside my box with your fun  Technique Tuesday- Cascading Card Challenge!  Hope you like this as much as I do! 

I'm also entering this card in the Our Creative Corner Color Challenge because I used the colors for their challenge of Pink, Navy and one other color of your choice.  My colors are Pretty in Pink, Night of Navy and Regal Rose - isn't it a lovely combo?  I'm sure to use this color combo again and again. 
 

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today - I'm sure glad you did!  If you would like to try this cascading card challenge, I would recommend that you pop into Technique Tuesday and follow the great tutorial that Mynnette has put together for you.  I'm sure she would love to see what you create with it!  Til next time - Hugs!!

5 comments:

  1. Um, this is AMAZING, Danielle!!!! What a clever use of all those hearts--I LOVE seeing different things and this is fabulous! :) Thank you SO MUCH for supporting Technique Tuesday--I hope you come and play next month, too, and stay tuned to see if you've won next month on the 15th!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH - this is stunning Danielle - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is amazing! Love all those hearts, super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Wonderful use of the different sized hearts. Totally cute... LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is full of LOVE! Those hearts are fantastic! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!