Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mo's Digital Challenge #190 - Use Bright Colors

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well! My card today is for the wonderful and kind husband (Bob) of one of my wonderful, kind and terrific friends (Nette) who fashioned a jewelry organizer that hangs on the wall for my daughter.  He patiently, and perfectly, placed lots and lots of little hooks on this jewelry organizer for necklaces and bracelets.  My daughter was absolutely over the moon excited to have it.  We wanted to thank Bob for doing such an awesome job and were delighted to see this Fixer Boy image in Mo's gallery that would work so perfectly for his card.

Since I was going to use a Mo Manning image I decided to see what the current challenge - it's been a while since I've  had a chance to participate in one of Mo's Digital Challenges.  To my delight  Mo's Challenge #190 is to Use Bright Colors.  So I pulled out some of my bright copic markers and went to town coloring this darling image. Did you notice that some of his tools are even brightly colored?

This is my second easel card. I'm delighted that it turned out so well.  Easel cards are so much easier to make than I thought.  I wish I hadn't waited to so long to give it a try. I promised the ladies in our Crafty Cars Gals group that I would post instructions and photos on how to make an easel card. So I best be planning to make another one soon ;O)

Well... guess I better get going for now. Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today - I'm sure glad that you did. Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D

7 comments:

  1. I have never tried an easel card...may have to give it a whirl! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it was much easier than I thought. I'll be putting out some photos and instructions within a few days. Would love to hear when you do it so I can come visit you :o) Thanks for the nice note. D

      Delete
  2. Hi Danielle. What a sweet image!!! ... Love this little guy with his big belt of tools! Your coloring is amazing! I wish I could get the shading like you do ... I need a lesson from you! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loll! I still struggle a bit with skin tone and hair but am getting better each time I do it :o)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, love how you've coloured him up. I'm addicted to easel cards at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle, Love the card, I think your style might well turn out to be CAS easel cards. This is so fresh and beautiful colouring.
    Thanks for calling by my blog.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully colored! Love the way you've done the easel card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!