Friday, May 30, 2014

SNOW in Spring??

Hello dear friends and followers.  Did my title catch your eye?  
Finally, finally we have spring here in Montana - so why in the world would I say Snow?
Well...that's because my DT card for the challenges this week at 
52CCT - May Pick a Previous Challenge (this time its a previous sketch)
and My Time to Craft #250  No Designer Papers
 is all about SNOW.   Take a look:
Digital image by Bugaboo Digis

Not a stitch of designer paper in sight on this card :o).
That's the idea for MTTC #250.
You can use inks, stamping, watercolor or embossing - just no DP.
I find that I don't miss DP as much when I use some dry embossing to add texture.

As I mentioned the challenge this week at 52CCT is to Pick a Previous Sketch.

I used the Sketch #16 from April 2013


Please visit our sketches archive HERE and select any one of the sketches to work with.  
You can change shapes, rotate the layout, make a rectangular or square card. 
As long as the basic layout comes through to us, it's all good! 
 Please don't forget to tell us which sketch you selected!

You may have noticed that most of my DT cards this month for the 52CCT Challenges
used images from Bugaboo Digis.  I was very honored to be chosen as May's Biggest
Fan at Bugaboo and had a lot of fun creating with the cute images this month.

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
Completely Christmas #14 - Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenges #26 - Anything Goes
The Outlawz Friday's Alchol Markers Challenge - Anything Goes
w/option to make it Christmas or Winter Holiday.

I hope that I've inspired you to play along with one of these great challenges.
I can't wait to visit you and see what you've made.
The rest of my lovely DT pals have also made some amazing creations
for your inspiration.  Please go visit them as well and say "hi" while you're there.

Time for me to get my crafty little self to bed tonight.
Have a busy day planned in the yard tomorrow (barring rain or snow - lol)
Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

16 comments:

  1. What a fun image, Danielle! Looks like the snow is just beginning to melt in spring. Enjoy your weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab image, love the snowman head for the 'O' , such fun. The colours are a good choice too

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great snow image Danielle, and love how you've coloured it. Such fun to have the snowmen in the lettering. Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Danielle, great fun image and super card design.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Design, just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas this week, thank you so much for joining in with us, it is much appreciated, we do hope you will join us again next week for another fab challenge, and good luck in the draw for this challenge which will be held next Sunday....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Completely Christmas
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. super sympa Danielle, j'aime beaucoup ce bonhomme de neige , biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow in spring is not an uncommon experience for me as I live in Norway. A part from December, which I only love because of Christmas, my favorite month is May, it's a month were we can experience all the four seasons during the same month! Love the bold colors, fun image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely fun card Danielle - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm late commenting! This is a really fun card - love the cute snowmen, the embossed background and the colours! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the image hun, great card!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah this is super, what a great card, I love those images they are mega cute, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Danielle, you know I'm a sucker for a snowman image - and this one is delightful! I adore the colours you've used and the textured snowflake embossed background is perfect for that image! You did a wonderful job with the sketch dearie, another fabulous card from you!
    {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 14 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT and thanks also for sharing this for CHNC challenge extra for June - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous. Love the cute image. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Creations. Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card. Love the image too. Got to love an embossing folder :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!