Tuesday, March 13, 2012

i{heart}2stamp March Challenge SFYTT


Today I am entering the i{heart}2stamp March challenge SFYTT for the first time. I used the colors from the Paper Players #86 - Lesley's Colour Challenge  (which includes the colors of Wisteria Wonder, Crumb Cake, Pool Party and Pear Pizazz) and was looking for a sketch to jump start my creativity.  I happened upon this challenge and it was a perfect fit. I LOVE the sketch and it helped me get my creativity in the groove.  I think this card has kind a a funky retro vibe and is kind of "Groovy" :o) Hope you like it too!  What a fun opportunity to participate with this great sketch.  I plan to use it many times with lots of the ideas that are now rolling around in my head.   

Funny story to share with you... I finished this card, showed the sketch to my friend, then showed her my card and told her the colors that were part of the PP86 challenge that I was trying to incorporate with the sketch. She looked at me kind of funny and said "Uhhh, where's the Pool Party?" Oh my goodness I had forgotten one of the colors!! What to do?? The glue on my flower hadn't had time to fully set so I quickly pulled it off the card and punched another layer for the flower with the Pool Party cardstock and stuck it back on again.   As happy accidents sometimes go, I liked the subtle effect it added to the card by having just a touch of that color.

Supplies (all from Stampin UP!): Cardstock - Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder. Patterned paper - Sweet Shop Speciality DSP (in the Occassions Mini 125408). Ink and Markers - Staz On Black, Crumb Cake and Wisteria Wonder SU markers (sentiment). Stamps - Everybunny (122705 wood or 122707 clear) and Sprinkled Expressions (FREE during Sale-A-Bration with a $50 order) available only until March 30th. Ribbon - 3/8 " Pleated Satin Ribbon in Pear Pizzazz (available in the Occassions Mini 125568). Punches - 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle (119854) and Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer (122464). The Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing folder (117335) gave the Crumb Cake strip some more "pop". I colored the mushrooms with my blender pens and the residual ink from the Wisteria Wonder and Pear Pizzazz ink pads. The finishing touch is a little pearl from the Basic Pearls set (119247).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!