Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mo's Try Something NEW Challenge #125

Good Morning and Happy Sunday! Today I am entering this card in Mo's DSP Try Something NEW Challenge.  There's lots of new things I haven't tried yet so I was excited to participate in this challenge.  I'm a Jump In with Both Feet kind of Gal when I decide to go for something, as you'll see. So here's my new (I tried to highlight in case you don't wish to read through all this):
    ** New Products: 1) SU's Adorning Accent Edgelit Dies and coordinating Textured Impressions Embossing Folders and 2)Daffodil Delight Seam Binding ribbon.  I pre-ordered these new dies in December but was somewhat intimidated by them.  Every time I pulled them out of the envelope I would look at them and tuck them right back in.  I was afraid to use these delicate pieces and thought it would be hard to use them.  With the "Try Something NEW"aspect I told myself "This is a great challenge to get you using these.  Just get with it girl!"  And guess what?  They were quite easy to use. The first cut was the easiest to do.  Just cut first then use the embossing folder to give it a nice raised edge.  The second cut (the blue DP) was a bit trickier in terms of lining up - but the trick I figured out was to make my piece larger than I needed (width wise) so I could cut down to fit after (and straighten my edge a little).  SU's new Daffodil Delight Seam Binding ribbon which will be available for purchase soon. Love the bright cheery color and the way it coordinates with the sunshine in my DSP.
     ** A Triple Layered Sentiment.  I been wanting to stretch myself to use more layers while staying true to my mostly clean and simple style.   I made the triple layered sentiment using two different punches.
         **New Copics techniques.  I'm still pretty new to using my Copics and these are some new things for me that  I incorporated.  I used the "dotting" technique (not sure that is the proper term in the crafting world :o) ) for the feed on the ground.  I was nervous about coloring blond hair, was afraid it might come out too yellow. And finally, colored pearls.  These started out white but I wanted them to pick up the color of the feed on the ground so I used my YR24 Copic Marker to color them.  Wasn't sure if it would rub off - but it seems to be permanent.  I was really pleased with how this all came to together and glad I tried it.  Here's a close up of my coloring:

You can find this darling little girl and her chicks on Mo's Digital Pencil Shop.  She reminds me of my little blond headed girl right after she got her first haircut.  She had a pair of pink bib overalls that we dressed her in constantly - so sweet!   

I hope you saw something today that inspired  you.  I love to share and spark creativity.  Thanks for stopping by!  Here's the inside too (another thing I am working on doing more of)...
Supplies (all from Stampin Up! except the Copic markers and Mo's digital image) : Cardstock - Daffodil Delight, Whisper White and Pretty in Pink, Patterned paper - Domestic Godess DSP (122355), Classic ink (sentiments) - Baja Breeze (111833), Adorning Accent Edgelit Dies (125595)and coordinating Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (125601) - both available in the Occassions Mini until April 30th, Little flowers - punched with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Sentiment labels punched with the Decorative label punch (x2) (120907) and the Modern label punch (119849), Ribbon - new Daffodil Delight Seam binding (coming soon!), Pearls - Basic pearls (119247), Sentiment Stamps - Kindness Matters (122900 wood or 122902 clear); available for free with a $50 order during Sale-a-Bration which ends March 31st (free codes: 127723 wood or 127724 clear) and Pursuit of Happiness (inside) 121907 wood or 121970 clear.
Digital Image - Chickies (from Mo Manning)
Copic markers - Y11 & Y21 (hair), R81,83 & 85 (bibs), B93,95 &97 (patch on bibs), N0, 2 & 4 (pail), E55, 57 & 59 & N6 (boots), Y21, YR24 & E41 (feed on ground), Y13 &Y15 (chicks), BG0000 (light shading around girl).

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and pastel! I love the tiny flowers along the bottom, and that quote is wonderful! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your copics coloring looks fabulous.. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I really enjoying the opportunity to participate in Mo's challenge and appreciate that you took the time to stop by and leave me a note.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!