Sunday, March 25, 2012

Things with Wings & Lots of Bling for Mo

Hello and Happy Sunday!  Warning!!  You might want to put on your sunglasses in case all this bling is too bright for your eyes - LOL.  I created this card to enter in two challenges today - Mo's "Bling it On" DP2 Challenge #127 and Paper Creations Ink! Challenge #21 "Things with Wings". 

This darling little housekeeping fairy is from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop.  She reminds me of all those Super Woman friends of mine who just magically seem to be able to do it all - clean house, do laundry, take care of the kids, work full-time (both and home and in the office).  This could be a great Mother's Day card for one of them.  This would also be a fun card from someone who has an amazing housekeeper.  Here is an up close view so  you can see the sparkles I put on her wings and around the duster. 

This was a very fun card for me to make - I'm typically not so "blingy" with my creations - but I kind of went wild with the rhinestones - and I loved it (smiling widely)!  I don't think I will make my image so small  next time though because it is challenging for a newer Copic colorer to get in those small places and still do a good job.  I really had fun making this card and I hope you enjoy it too.   Thanks to the wonderful design teams of Mo's Challenge and Paper Creations Ink! for this fun challenge.  Check out these challenges and see the wonderful samples that the design teams have created to inspire you - you just might decide to participate too.  Thanks for stopping by - I hope I have inspired you in some way today!

Here's the inside too - I kept with the theme but wrapped the laundry aspect in also (to tie the clothes pins in from the front of the card) and the general theme of  the "magical winged fairy" who does it all. 


Supplies (all from Stampin Up! except Copic markers, digital image & Rhinestone Swirls):  Image is from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop "Housekeeping Fairy".  Cardstock - Calypso Coral, Basic Grey Whisper White, and Pool Party.  Patterned Paper - Domestic Goddess DSP (122355). Ink - Basic Grey for sentiment (109120). Sentiment (front) is from Elementary Elegance (FREE out of the Sale-A-Bration catalog with a minimum $50 order but is only available for 1 more week), Sentiment inside is from Perfect Words (hostess set).  Sparkle around image added with Dazzling Dimensions Glitter Glue & 3 rhinestones around sentiment are from the Basic Rhinestones set.  Punches for sentiment - Scalloped Oval (119856) and Large Oval (119855). Decorative Flourishes (Champagne) from KaiserCraft.  Image colored with my Copic markers.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet card for our Things with Wings challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink. Hope to see you back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle...this is brilliant!! I love the way you coloring this Fabulous Mo fairy...and I love the bling! You rocked this challenge!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! We hope that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!