Friday, June 8, 2012

The Paper Players #98 - Summertime and CCC12 - Song Inspired

Happy Friday friends!  We had sun this morning for awhile but now is cloudy and overcast :o(  I'm soooo ready for lots of sunshine, flip flops and the lake.  How about you? 

The Paper Players Challenge #98 is to make a card with a Summertime theme.  How could I pass that up when I'm craving summer and all the fun things it brings with it?  I am also entering the Creative Card Crew Challenge #12 - Song Inspired - my song inspiration is "Soak up the Sun". 

I got this fun stamp set right at the end of a SU mini catalog and didn't get a chance to use it til now.  I colored it in with my copics and hand cut the sun rays.  I used lots of shiny, sunny, yellow bling to simulate the sunshine effect.  Hope you like today's card and see some sunshine this weekend!  Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs.

Supplies: Cardstock - Whisper White, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral.  Stamps - Sunny Fun (retired) and Delicate Doilies.  Punches - Lg Scallop Circle and 1 3/4" circle.

6 comments:

  1. JUst Gorgeous. Fabulous colours...LOve your design.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling Danielle! Love those flip flops (I still have mine too!) and your sun is gorgeous! What a clever use of the doily stamp set! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, flip flops and a sparkling, bright, summer sun. What better way to celebrate summer! Fabulous card. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies :o) I'm hoping to break out the flip flops soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cheery card. The flip flops are so sun and I love, love the bling on the sun.

    Thanks for singing along with us on our song inspired challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there,

    thanks so much for joining the Creative Card Crew on this week's Challenge "Inspired by a Song"!

    Make sure to check back to see who'll be drawn as Top Three and who'll be our Winner.

    Hugs and good luck, Elisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!