Sunday, June 10, 2012

MOJO 244 and Flourishes Colors of the Rainbow (BBB23)

Happy Sunday friends!  Time to enter the fun MOJO Monday #244 challenge (on a Sunday for me - talk about wait til the last minute) based on this great sketch.
Here's another view of my card:
I am using several NEW products from Stampin Up on this card.  The NEW Floral District DSP has lots of bright happy colors and interesting patterns on several of these papers.  I chose today's papers because I am also combining this with another challenge at Flourishes - Bring Back Beautiful #23 - The Beauty of the Rainbow (BBB23) where the challenge is to use some (or all) of the colors of the rainbow.  This card uses Yellow, Green and Purple (violet).  I really like the combo of purple and greens together and then when you add yellow it just feels happier - kind of like adding sunshine :o)

Another NEW SU product is a stamp set called Betsy's Blossoms that I used the large flower from and then I punched out the middle of it with a 1 3/8" circle punch to layer on a 1 3/4" circle that I first ran through the Polka Dot textured embossing folder.  I used the 2 1/4" scallop circle punch and added some scoring lines to mimi the green flower on the DSP. A final touch to the flower comes from the largest eye of the Owl Builder punch and an In-color brad in Lucky Limeade for the center.  I added some hand drawn stitching with my white Signo pen to copy the stitching in this beautiful daffodil delight ribbon (also NEW from Stampin Up).  The sentiment and the banner die cut are also NEW from SU (Bitty Banners Framelits dies and Bitty Banners stamp set that coordinates with those shapes).  I used the scallop edge border punch for the bottoms of the top two layers.  Colors used are Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade and Daffodil Delight. 

This card has lots of layers but is actually pretty quick to make.  It took me a little less than 10 minutes to put together (although the idea of what I wanted to do took me much longer than that as I pondered - LOL).

Thanks so much for stopping by - hope you like this bright and cheery card today.  If you need some additional inspiration, pop into these fun challenges and take a peek at all the amazing ideas and samples that people have put together.  Maybe you will be inspired to make one of your own too - that would be wonderful!  Hugs!

10 comments:

  1. JUst Gorgeous. Fabulous colours and I LOve this ribbon.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold, bright and fabulous!! Love the colours of your creation! Thanks so much for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful!!! Congrats on winning at Mojo Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you! So exciting to have been chosen as a winner!! And to think I almost didn't make the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I l ove the colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win, Danielle. Your card is beautiful. I love the flowers and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Danielle. Our minds must think alike. Take a look at my entry #228. Love your colors. They really pull the paper and focal point together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Rae, we sure did think alike! That is too funny really - same ribbon even. Love your card! The rhinestones are the perfect touch.

      Delete
  8. Nice job with the challenges, the colours are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, beautiful execution and choice of papers! Thank you for joining us for the Bring Back Beautiful challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!