Friday, November 30, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Sketch #12

Hello friends - can you believe that we are now in December?? I sometimes think that this year has gone by wayyyyy toooo fast and other times I'm ready for it to move on and looking forward to the new start in 2013. Today's card is based on the great sketch above. I took a little creative liberty with this one and put my sentiment in the top panel and used a heart as my shape and bottom element.
Stamp: Heart of Christmas - SU
Other: Fashionable Hearts embosslets - SU, SU markers in Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Basic Black. Sizzix Sizzlit - Swirls (retired - SU)
I have been dying to use this stamp since I got it. I colored the stamp with my SU markers to get the different colors. This is a fun way to get more creative use out of your stamps. The swirls are from a Sizzlit die and the heart is from the Hearts Sizzlit Embosslet folder. The card base is Very Vanilla and the other colors used are Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green. A pretty quick and easy card really :o).
We only have 3 more challenges for you this year at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and then we start fresh next year. I hope you will join us this week - I can't wait to see what you create! The other gals have also prepared some amazing creations for you inspiration as well. Pop into their blogs and visit them too.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Danielle, I LOVE that you've used a heart which echoes the words in the sentiment! Fab use of the swirls die - you could use them like that for reindeer antlers maybe?

    The embossed heart is so sweet - that die is on my Christmas list, only a few weeks to see if Santa leaves it for me!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth - thanks for your nice note. I have used the swirls as reindeer antlers and they looked really cute.

      Hope you get that die from Santa :o)

      Delete
  2. Danielle, this is such a charming card. Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, Danielle! I LOVE that you made your sentiment the focal point and your heart and scroll underneath are just amazing! This is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me this card has a real 'all American' feel to it! I just love the bold sentiment and the little heart with the flourish, which set it off perfectly.

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!