Sunday, November 18, 2012

Retrosketches #38 and Dynamic Duos #29

Hello dear blog friends.  Tonight I have another card to share with you.  Sympathy cards are hard for me to make. Somehow it just never seems as if I know the right thing to say or can adequately convey my feelings for those folks who have lost a loved one. One of my dear friends recently lost her Mom to a lengthly battle of illness.  She fought valiantly but finally gave in.  It was very hard for me to see the sadness that my friend felt while watching her dear Mom keep slipping away - the end was inevitable, but I don't think that it is ever easy when it comes, even knowing that there is no more pain or suffering.  This friend is very dear to my heart, as if she were my sister, and I'm so sad for her. The wonderful person that she is is a testiment to the wonderful person her mom was.  I hope that this card will help ease her sorrow somewhat.

How fortunate we are as crafters to have a way to express ourselves creatively and genuinely by sending someone a handmade card to express what we may not be able to say in words. I think it shows how very much we do care.  Thankfully having a sketch or color theme to focus on while making a sympathy card seems to help me in completing the task.  In this case I used the sketch at Retrosketches #38 (see below) and the color combo challenge at Dynamic Duos #29.   


Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today - I'm very glad that you did.  Til next time - hugs and happy crafting!!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Danielle. You talk wonderfully about your friend: I'm sure your presence and kindness will help her on this difficult time. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I love that stamp and it looks wonderful in these colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week on the Dynamic Duos challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card! thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely sympathy card, Danielle. Glad to have you play along with us at Dynamic Duos :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of a sympathy card as soon as I saw these colors, too! Great minds and all that! ;) This is stunning! GORGEOUS image and I LOVE your embossed frame! :) I'm so sorry for your friend's loss, but she will certainly love this and appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!