Friday, November 16, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Theme Challenge #11 {Scripture Verse}

Hello lovely friends and blog followers!  We  have a terrific theme challenge for you this week at 52{Christmas} Card Throwdown.  We want to see your cards/creations using a scripture verse as your main element.  Here's what I came up with:

I decided to keep it as CAS so that the scripture verse stands out. Of course, I'm no good at one layer cards so I added some depth by using my Labels framelits as well as the snowburst texture folder (retired SU).  I sponged around the main image with Summer Starfruit ink and also gave this a shot of color around the outer edges as well.  The sentiment is stamped in gumball green. 
 
I made another one that I will share with you later in the week - this one was my daughter's favorite so I chose to share it first.  Hope you will decide to join us this week at 52CCT - I can't wait to see what you create.  Please pop on over and see what the rest of the DT has made - can  you say GORGEOUS?!  Til next time... Hugs and Happy Crafting!! 


6 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD!!! LOVE all that white--glorious!!! This is stunning, Danielle! Gorgeous verse and fabulous accent stamping with the star! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely texture here Danielle! Love the sponging around the text label too - it makes it looks as if it's glowing! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I used to be so scared of mostly white cards but am finding that I really like the effect of them :o) Your kind note made my day. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle - love how you have made the verse the focus of the card - very nice - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! It is very elegant and the verse is a beautiful focal point.

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely Danielle, the verse is such a strong focal point and I love the stamped star behind. The sponging round the edges is a perfect touch and I love the texture too!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!