Friday, September 5, 2014

52CCT September Sketch Challenge

Hello friends and followers - so happy you've decided to visit me today!
This week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown (52CCCT), our 
hostess Asha has a sketch challenge for you 
take a lookie-see

We also have a wonderful sponsor for this week

I've used one of Deedee's fabulous digital stamp sets called "Away in a Manger"
Here's my card:

Such a sweet image and a wonderful way to remember
the true meaning of Christmas!

I'm really proud of myself lately as I've been making a true
effort to use up some of my stash of designer papers.
I love this combo of the light blue and dark - don't you?

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Christmas Card Challenges #40 - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for September - Anything Goes
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - Use R, E or D (I used D for dies)
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

I hope that you will decide to join us this week at 52CCT.
My lovely DT pals have made some gorgeous Christmas creations
to further inspire and awe you.  Please go check them out :o)
Til next time...hugs and merry crafting! D


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle - I love the sweet image and sentiment - this is what Christmas is about. Great colour combination too. I do like the design papers you've used (I've a huge stash too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrast between the two colours on your card Danielle and your sweet image is lovely. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet card, so pretty!! thanks sooo much for playing along with the weekly christmas card challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een leuke kerstkaart! Leuk, in de niet-traditionele kleuren.
    Bedankt voor je deelname bij CHCC Extra.

    Groetjes, Renate

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great use of papers Danielle, together with the sweet digi images, and all beautifully put together. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Danielle! Way to go on using up paper stash - those colours are stunning together!
    Hope your thumb is back to normal now?
    Have a great week! {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. elle est vraiment très jolie Danielle, pleine de tendresse, biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you that the designer papers coordinate well together, and the color of the twine is a perfect match with them. I like your clean and layered approach to the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That image is so sweet, Danielle. And I do love the DPs you used. They compliment each other and the image too. Great take on the sketch.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet, Danielle! I especially like the way you colored the image -- it has a warm, sepia tone feel to it. Such pretty papers, too. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Danielle, I tried to leave a comment earlier but Blogger was being flaky. So if this ends up being a duplicate somehow, I apologize! I just wanted to tell you what a sweet card this is! The way you colored the image has a warm, sepia-toned feel to it. Very pretty papers, too. Thanks so much for sharing this precious card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on winning Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas challenge extra for September

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!