Friday, April 27, 2012

MOJO238 and Creative Card Crew #9

Hello friends!  I am finally getting my entry done for the Mojo Monday Challenge #238 - this has been a crazy week for me - and TGIF!  As soon as I saw the sketch by Mary Fish I just knew I had to make a "baby quilt".

 I am also entering this card in the Creative Card Crew Challenge #9 -Ribbon.  The ribbon on my card is the 3/8" pleated satin ribbon wrapped around the back of the image circle and adhered with sticky strip.  Every blankie needs a satin ribbon on it somewhere - don't you think?   I know that this was one of the favorite features on my kids blankies.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit - I'm sure glad you did and I hope you like this card.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Here's a little closer view of the texture I used on the paper and how that ribbon is wrapped on there: 
Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - So Saffron (base) Certainly Celery, Whisper White.  Patterned paper - Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack in the Subtles collection (pretty in pink, bashful blue and certainly celery).  Stamps - Easy Events (duck) and Tiny Tags.  I stamped the image with Staz On ink and then colored it with a blender pen and ink from the refill bottles (pretty in pink, bashful blue, certainly celery and so saffron).  I used the tiny tag punch for the sentiment.  Each quilt piece is 1 1/4" square.  After I glued them onto a base I ran the whole thing through my Sizzix Big Shot using the square lattice textured embossing folder to give it a fabric look.

1 comment:

  1. Love your patchwork and the way that you've used your ribbon is superb :o)

    Thanks for joining us at The Creative Card Crew for our ribbon challenge

    Margaret DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!