Sunday, April 1, 2012

Retrosketches #5

Hello!  Today I created this card to enter in the RetroSketches Challenge #5.  Last week was the first time I participated in this challenge and I really liked it so I decided to give it a try again this week.  I flipped the orientation of the sketch for my card (see below).  I knew the stamp I wanted to used immediately when I saw this sketch.  I just couldn't decide it I wanted to make a girl card or a boy card.  So I went with what I hope is a card that could be given for either.  However, the more I look at it, the more I think it is a girl card.  Hmmm... what do you think? 
I am finding that using sketches has increased my creativity ten fold.  I especially love when there is a color challenge that I can combine with a sketch.  If you are finding yourself in a creative rut - or feeling like it takes wayyyy too long to make a card I would highly recommend pulling up a sketch and just letting yourself see where it takes you.  Retrosketches is a fun one to start with. 

I'm happy you have stopped by to visit my blog and see my card.  Hope I've inspired you in some way and that  you enjoy my creation.  Hugs!

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - Whisper White and Pink Pirouette.  Stamp - Bringing Baby (122905).  Petterned paper - Cheerful Treat (hostess only item). Sentiments - "sweet" from Fabulous Phrases (117002 wood or 120501 clear) and "BABY" from Sweet Shoppe Alphabet Upper (118722 wood or 120582 clear).  Cordouroy buttons from my retired SU stash.  White brads from Neutrals collection (119736).  White Bakers twine 124262).   I stamped the image with Basic Black ink and then colored in with my Stampin Write Markers (Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Sahara Sand, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango and Pumpkin Pie, Basic Grey and Wild Wasabi). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!