Friday, August 1, 2014

Happy Holidays Deer Friend - 52CCT August Sketch Challenge

Oh my...here it is August already and time for a whole month of 
new challenges at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown (52CCT).
Before I get to that though, I'd like to thank you for all
the amazing entries we had for Christmas in July at 52CCT.

We had some prizes up for grabs for those of you who left us comments
and entered a challenge (or more).
Winners will be posted on Wednesday - so check the 52CCT Challenge
site then to see if maybe it's you!  Crossing my fingers for you :o)

Back to the first challenge for August at 52CCT.
It's a fabulous sketch - take a look:

Now for my DT card to inspire you to play along with us:
Digital image by Deedee's Digis - "Deer Friend"

I love using digital images to make cards. This is a great pre-colored image from the 
digital set called "Deer Friend" by Deedee's Digis.  Usually I like to color the image 
myself but thanks to a fractured thumb, I'm not able to do much of that right now.

What's really great about this though is I can print a wonderfully colored image,
use my Big Shot and die cuts and layer the parts to have a finished card 
in less than 1/2 the time it would usually take me.  I'm pretty happy with the results!
What a great way to quickly add to my stash of cards to send for the Christmas holiday.  
I'd highly encourage you to try it if you are finding that you want to get started - or ahead :o).

The rest of my lovely DT pals at 52CCT have made some amazing cards using the 
August sketch.  Please go visit them as well and say "hi".
I hope to see your Christmas card in our gallery this week!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges #188 - Anything Goes
Crafting for All Seasons Challenge #82 Christmas in July
The Pink Elephant TPE261 - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #74 - Use a Digi
Creative Card Crew - 67 Christmas
City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 222 - Animal Magic
Christmas Card Challenges #35 - Anything Goes

Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D 

16 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I really like the cute deer and sentiment. Great papers too.

    So sorry to hear about your thumb, hope it gets better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend, so sorry that thumb is not healed yet but you don't let it stop you crafting....that is hard core! And a fab XMas card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this, Danielle! That image is darling and I LOVE a good pun! HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh what a cute reindeer and card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. great coloring on the image!!! Thanks for joining us at the weekly Sunday Christmas Card Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so adorable!! Beautifully done ... Many thanks for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in this week at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge
    Hugs katie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Thank you for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful Christmas card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this CAS creation, it is so cute and pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaaaw! Isn't he just ADORABLE!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card , loving the colouring. Thanks for joining us at crafting for all Seasons. Hugs Tina (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw so cute - adorable deer and great sentiment - thank you for playing along at Pennys papercrafty challenge this week hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the wreath around the reindeer's neck - such a cute idea! Nice job, Danielle! :) I hope your thumb heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a darling reindeer - how cute! And I love the papers you've used too. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!