Friday, May 10, 2013

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Color Challenge #17 and Merry Monday Sketch #61

Hello dear friends and followers and happy weekend to each of you! Time for another challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown (52CCT) and Mynnette has given us this stunning color combo to play with.
Here's what I've made to share with and inspire you.
I'm really tickled with how this turned out.  I used the sketch at Merry Monday to make my card (see sketch below).  
I used a circle Sizzlit Die to cut out the front of the card panel and then nest my snowflake within that.  I love the highlight effect it gives to the card.  I added a strip of embossing in the middle and lots of bling.  Hope you like it too!  Here's what I did on the inside:

I hope that you will decide to join the challenge this week at 52CCT.  Our DT has come up with some amazing cards to inspire you.  Please go visit them - you'll be glad that you did.  

Before you join us this week please take note of our clarified rules around the color combo challenges as noted below:

Rules for Colour Challenges

Christmas cards made for colour challenges should only contain the colours stipulated. 
However, certain 'neutral' colours may be included.
If a colour challenge includes any of the stipulated neutrals that is the only neutral allowed on that occasion. For colour challenges not using a neutral ONE neutral may then be included for example
Red, Green & White - only the neutral white can be used. (Black ink may be used here ONLY for the purposes of stamping an image or printing a digi image).
Red, Green & Blue - ONE neutral can be used on your card.
Our Neutral colours are: Black, White, Cream, Kraft & Gray. A flesh tone can also be added when colouring skin.
Please note that Gold and Silver are here classed as colours.

Hopefully this makes things more clear about what colors to use to be eligible to win an honor and/or prize here at 52CCT. :)


Well off I go, we have a busy mother's day weekend planned with a volleyball tournament (most of the day Saturday), and yardwork, and spoiling my own mom a bit with lunch and a movie (I guess that's kind of a treat for me too :o) ).  My family asked me what I wanted for myself for Mother's Day and I said I wanted breakfast in bed and 2 solid hours to craft my heart out. Maybe I should throw a bubble bath at the end of the day into the wish list too :o)  I feel incredibly blessed to still have my Mom and both Grandmas in my life as well as to have experienced two of my own miracles who call me "Mom".  So even though I want to be a bit selfish with my crafting and bubble bath time, I really just want to soak up some time with my kids and my wonderful Mom. I'm also so thankful to have many women friends who support me in so many ways. I will be sending them a few cards this weekend too. Take a moment to celebrate the special women in your life this weekend - we are so blessed to have each other.

Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D

19 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful - I love your design:) Thankyou for all the lovely comments you leave on my blog - so sweet of you! Happy mothers day and I hope you get spoilt and enjoy time with your own mum too - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO beautiful! Red and white is my favorite color combination for Christmas! Your design is elegant, a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, both inside and out. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Danielle! I never tire of seeing the more traditional colors associated with Christmas. Your red and white looks very elegant, especially with the crisp dry embossing and little rhinestones. The interior of your card is every bit as pretty as the exterior! Lovely card design. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely fabulous card Danielle, the snowflake nestled into the cut out circle looks wonderful! I love the embossing and all that bling too! Have a happy weekend, I hope you enjoy a special Mother's Day! {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card Danielle, the embossing makes that snowflake pop and the traditional colours are pretty and bright!! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design, love the red and white and all that bling. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, very striking! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! I love the deeply embossed lace, the gems and fab snowflake! Love it.

    Sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fabulous, Danielle! LOVE all the bling--and the dry embossing is amazing! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful snowflake, Danielle! I love all the bling! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Merry Monday! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love the snowflake off the edge and your decoration on the inside. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning, love the embossed centre and your blingy snowflake. Well done on combining the two challenges, and the inside is fab too!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card Danielle, your snowflake is so pretty. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blinged out snowflake! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just perfect! I love the layout and the pretty red and white color combo! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that pretty snowflake against the bold red background! The gems do a terrific job of highlighting the embossing. Super card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a great job with the sketch, Danielle! I like how you mounted your white snowflake on the red circle. And I like all the red gems. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just red and white, as requested! Love the gems and the embossed strip.
    .... your card is really beautiful, the outside as the inside!

    Oups, I added a bit of gold thread .... : s
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!