Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #45 Photo Inspiration {thank you so so much}



Hello friends and followers, hope you are having a great week so far.  We have enjoyed some very nice spring (almost summer) weather this past week and it seems that the trees and bushes around town suddenly awoke and just threw out their blossoms. It is so nice to see - I missed that sight after a deary winter.  My card today is for the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #45 Photo Inspiration challenge - take a look:
 

How lucky for me that I had purchased this window die not too long ago as it really came in handy for this challenge. I did have a hard time getting the cardstock loose from the die though so I purposely roughed it up a little and added a subtle touch of shading to make it look aged instead of almost torn - very crafty of me I think.  I had lots of pre-punched flowers and leaf stems laying on my craft desk, as well as the scroll pieces (to look like ivy) and the butterflies.  I felt quite thrifty and pleased that I was able to incorporate some of the items I had sitting around as well as a piece of retired DSP for the card base.  You have to imagine that you are looking through the window from the outside and into the opposite wall of the house as I didn't think ahead about what it would look like behind the frames - Lol. 

So what will you make from this lovely inspiration photo?  Can't you just imagine yourself sitting in that chair on the porch with the coolest and slightest of breezes every so often to keep you comfortable? Boy I sure can and I wish I was there :o)  The rest of the DT have made some really wonderful cards to share with you as well so I hope that you will go visit them.  ATS&M still has Whoopsi Daisy as the sponsor for this week's challenge who is offering a great prize to the ATS&M Top Honor this week.  Maybe it will be you!  

Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Danielle! I love all your elements, especially the butterflies ;) Isn't great when you can use bits and pieces that you have laying around - I'm always scrounging around my desk for little things like this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle. Gorgeous card! Love that fancy window die! Great job using up bits and pieces on your work desk! Love the bright flowers in your window box and the background DP is very cool! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Danielle! I know what you mean, I'm always so pleased if I use only scrap papers or other old stuff...:) Stunning work here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Danielle, the window die does look like it would be tricky to get out but you have done a great job! And how fab to use all your stash like that to make such a beautiful collection of flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That window die looks fabulous, Danielle, just right for the challenge and I love the window box full of lovely colourful flowers, very pretty! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this card, Danielle! The paper you've used is perfect together with the window! The punched flowers and leaves add color to your card, and doesn't it feel great to use up some of the bits and pieces that have been around for some time:)

    Note: comment from Pia S that I accidently fat finger deleted from my phone. Thanks Pia for always leaving me such nice notes. D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Gorgeous card Danielle! Loved it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card D. Love all the pretty little detail and you even managed to fit the wood grain in the background. Clever!
    Have a great weekend.
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!