Friday, May 24, 2013

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Embellishment Challenge

Hello dear friends and blog followers - Happy weekend to you!  Our challenge this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is an embellishment challenge and we want to see your wonderful Christmas cards using baker's twine.  Here's my card to share with and inspire you to play along with us this week:
I decided to make my card a Christmas thank you card.  It seems I usually focus so much on getting the greeting cards done for family and friends and then after Christmas I'm kind of scrambling to them come up with a few thank you cards for the gifts I've received.  I've also used one of my favorite non-traditional color combos for Christmas - I just love red, blue and white together.  I stamped my image with StazOn ink and then colored with some colored pencils and a blender pen.   Here's the inside:
I used the sketch from MOJO Monday #294 to make my card (see below). I saw the ribbon strip on the sketch and immediate saw that bakers twine would work great too.   
I hope that you will join us this week at 52CCT!  We so love seeing your beautiful cards each week- you new stop amazing and inspiring us.  The other gals on the DT have also made some lovely cards to share with you so please pop on over and visit them here

We have just recently started letting our little dogs sleep in bed with us (something I said I would NEVER do - but gave in after 3 years) and they do tend to be a bit too snuggly at times.  Last night was one of those times and I felt like I was trapped in my bed for a while.  They each weigh less than 20 pounds but I couldn't seem to get them to move over no matter how hard I pushed - lol. .  So... a short post for me tonight as I'm completely bushed and ready to go find my wonderfully comfortable bed (hopefully without two little extras tonight :o) ).   I hope you have a most wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today, I'm sure glad that  you did.  Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D 

6 comments:

  1. The red white and blue combo really works well, Danielle - I will have to try it out. Love those little snowmen and what a great idea to make a thank you card.

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this, Danielle! The coloring is amazing and I adore your sweet image! HUGS and hope you have a great holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowmen are darling, and you've colored them so nicely. I think the sentiment goes really well with that image, too - it's like the snowmen are the family and friends referenced in the sentiment. I also like how the pearls mimic the snowballs in the image. Good thinking to get a jump start on the thank you cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card Danielle! Those snowmen are just adorable and perfect for an after Christmas thank you card! I've got this stamp on long term loan from a friend but I haven't inked it up yet - this fab card may be just the nudge I needed so thanks for the inspiration! I love the colours and how you've used multiple strands of twine!

    Our cat sleeps on the bed with us and he doesn't like to be budged either - if you do succeed in moving him he just waits a bit and comes right back! I caught him drinking out of my glass of water that I'd put by my bedside the other night - just as well I love him to bits! Hubby was none too pleased to be asked to get me a fresh glass of water! ; ) Hope you had a lovely weekend! {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, Danielle! It's funny, I used the same sketch AND color combo as you this week! Great minds think alike, eh? You're smart to make a Christmas Thank-You card. I love the blue baker's twine and the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Christmas thank you card is great! Love, love the little snowmen and the twine bow! I think I should start on a few Christmas thanks too.

    My dog used to sleep on my bed (many moons ago) and once she was asleep it would take a bomb to shift her!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!