Monday, May 27, 2013

Retrosketches #65 {Praying for You} cQc #190 and Paper Players #147 {with Sympathy & Love}

Hello again dear friends and followers.  I stayed up a bit late last night making cards because I get the day off work due to the Memorial Day holiday.  Sadly two ladies that are dear to my heart have lost loved ones very recently, so I used that time to make a couple of Sympathy cards.  I used the sketch at Retrosketches as inspiration for this card (see below). I never seem to have a sympathy card on hand when I need it.  It's just not a theme that I look forward to making when I'm designing and entering challenges.  I hope these cards brings a bit of comfort and peace to my friends when they receive them though.


My inspiration for the second card I made is from the colors at ColourQ #190 and the sketch from the Paper Players Sketch Challenge #147 (although it's a loose interpretation of the sketch as I have flipped the components of the sketch quite a bit).



Gotta get going for now. I'll go visit my Grandpa's grave site and spend some time with my Grandma playing cribbage today. This is always a tough day for Grandma.  Maybe we can share some laughs to help make it easier. We bet a quarter per game.  Raided my piggy bank in case I lose a few games.   Thanks for letting me share these with you today. Wherever you are - make it a great day and celebrate your blessings and loved ones. Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

7 comments:

  1. These are beautiful sympathy cards. Your first one has an elegant design and a classy look, and I love the colors you've chosen for the second one - I love the mustard color and it looks so great with blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, created with much thoughfulness and compassion! The layouts, images, colours/patterns and sentiments are superbly well-matched for sympathy cards. Heartwarming treasures...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your cards are lovely, Danielle. It is sad that we need these, but I am sure they will bring comfort. So glad you were able to use the CQC colors as well as my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sympathy stamp set, Danielle, it's my absolute favorite. Great mix of colors and great job combining the challenges. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These beautiful cards surely will be appreciated by your friends. Beautiful combination of colors, sentiments and challenges. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, your Paper Players card is so pretty. I love your color choices and even though you did change things around a little, the original sketch is still very visible. So glad you joined us this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty praying for you card. That is my all time fave sentiment for cards! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!