Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #47 "Make Your Mark"

Hello friends and followers, so nice of you to visit me today.  Last week was the very favorite theme of "Anything Goes" at ATS&M and WOW did you all blow us away with your fabulous creations.  This week is another favorite at Addicted to Stamps and More - it's Challenge #47 "Make Your Mark".  This challenge has traditionally been one in which we want to see  you use markers (Promarkers, Copics, SU, Spectrum, etc.) but we've had some requested from folks asking to include colored pencils and watercolor crayons as well.  After a quick consideration of this we decided that this was a good idea and I personally can't wait to see the new level of creativity this brings to our challenge.

My card for this week is made using a digital image from Whoopsi Daisy.  Whoopsi Daisy has been our generous sponsor this month and I've really enjoyed using their darling, whimsical images.  I went with a more muted color scheme this week using BG72 and BG75 for the dress.  The printed image is a little over 4" square so I made my overal card base 5 1/2" square to showcase it better.  I've been going more CAS lately in the essence of time mostly (and I wanted to get better at it).  But I felt inspired to bling it up a bit this time and I'm quite please with it :o)

Just finished the most lovely of long weekends.  The weather was sunny for a bit and rainy at the right times (when I had to be inside).  Got to go to farmer's market with my family and stroll around with  cup of hot chocolate with huckleberry whip cream (yummy!).  It was sunny but only about 55 degrees so I needed something warm to sip on :o).  My son was home for the weekend and he kept us hopping as usual.  Every morning he would get up and say "what's the plan for the day Mama?"  No laying around being lazy when he's here to visit. Just little things to cherish and make my heart happy. Thanks for letting me share.

Well... time to get a move on.  I hope you will find time to play along with us this week at ATS&M. Pull out those markers, colored pencils and/or watercolor crayons and get to creating 'cause I can't wait to visit you and see what you've made!  The other loverly ladies at ATS&M have made some amazing creations for your inspiration as well so please pop in and visit them.

Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful weekend Danielle. And a gorgeous card, beautiful colouring and I love the added bling x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Danielle! LOVE all the bling and that gorgeous ribbon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely image and so beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I think you've done a great job with the coloring of this image, her dress looks especially fantastic! With the elegant paper and swirls of gems this is a beautiful female design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Danielle! I love the monochrome look with all the different shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle. Thanks for sharing your fun family time with us - sounds like a wonderful weekend! Your image is really beautiful - love her gorgeous blue dress! The rhinestone flourish is so pretty and really adds some lovely sparkle! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle, this is so beautiful! I love the monochrome blue and the pretty bling flourish and bow, very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have been having fun D TFS. Gorgeous card. Love the colours and the bling and ribbon just add that touch of luxury.
    Hugs, Florence x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!