Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mojo Monday 230 and Paper Players #85


Happy Sunday everyone!  Today I would like to enter this card in two challenges:  Mojo Monday 230 (Round or Square) and The Paper Players Challenge #85 - Spring has Sprung.

I just love it when I can find inspiration from two different sources. I used the square version of the Mojo Monday challenge - sort of... I guess its more the scalloped square version, to showcase my Spring Has Sprung (one can only hope this is true - I'm sooo tired of winter) theme for the Paper Players (PP85).  Tulips have always been my favorite flower (I wish I could have a whole field of them) so it was an easy choice for me to use them for this card.  I hope you enjoy my card and that you see something that inspires you or makes you smile.  Thanks for popping in to visit!

Here's the inside too: 


Supplies and details (all products are from Stampin UP!):
To make my scallop card base I used a folded cardstock base measuring 4 1/2" x 4 1/2 " and ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot using the Clear Large Scallop Square Bigz die.  You need to leave just a little of the base below the top rim of scallops to be able to still have your fold.   To make the tulips I punched 9 wings from my Bird Building punch and then inked each of the tulip petals (Pretty in Pink) with my finger sponge dauber and some Blushing Bride ink.  I also inked the edges of the sentiment panel in the same manner.  Lastly, I had to give the green and blue pieces a little love with my sponge dauber too so it would all tie together (used Baja Breeze and Pear Pizzazz for those pieces). In retrospect I wish I would have also used the branch piece from the Bird Builder punch for the stems on the tulips so they wouldn't be so "blocky" - oh well (sigh!).  The finished card is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" in size and will fit in a regular envelope.  But I think I'll try to make a coordinating envelope with the Simply Scored diagonal plate as soon as I get it in my next order.    

Supplies:  Cardstock colors - Baja Breeze (base & sentiment panel), Pretty in Pink (petals), Old Olive (stems and strip above the green panel), Patterned paper - Twitterpated DSP (available in the Spring Mini catalog until April 30th), Ribbon - Lucky Limeade sheer ribbon (FREE during Sale-A-Bration with a $50 order), Inks - Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride and Basic Grey (sentiment).  Cardstock base - made with the Sizzix Big shot and the Clear Large Scallop Square Bigz die.

13 comments:

  1. Danielle, your card is just lovely. Those tulips look great both on the outside and the inside of the card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry - congrats on being a March guest designer! I love your card with the butterfly - its beautiful. I appreciate your nice comments.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, Danielle! I love the punch art tulips! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! I loved the way the Twitterpated DSP all came together on this card. Thanks to the Paper Players for the "Springy" Inspiration :o)

      Delete
  3. Just darling, Danielle! I love your color choices and tulips are the perfect flower for spring! I also love that you finished the inside too...so glad you played along with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nance - thanks so much. I LOVE playing along with the Paper Players :O)

      Delete
  4. This is amazing--I especially love the inside panel with the extra tulip!!! GORGEOUS card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mynnette - it was a fun card to make and as I'm looking at it I think I might have to try something similar for a baby shower card. Thanks for your nice note - so very sweet of you!

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty card, I love those tulips! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, love your tulip bouquet! I also really like the fun shape of the card too. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lesley and Jenn - it's so nice that you take time to stop in and take a peek and leave a comment. I'm enjoying the opportunity to share my creations with the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey D - this is an awesome card! I love love love the tulips. The blog is going great too - you've been a busy girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle, this is just darling! Nothing says spring to me like fresh tulips! They are such pretty flowers and I really like the little bunch you created from the bird punch. Too cute! The scalloped trim and the square shape is a great touch, too! So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!