Friday, March 30, 2012

Mo's Challenge #128, FMS28 & Divas by Design

Happy Friday everyone! Today I am entering this card in the following challenges: Mo Manning's DP2 Challenge #128 Photo Inspiration (by Dorcas), Freshly Made Sketches (FMS28) and Divas by Design Stamp Something which could be an image, a sentiment or a background and can include digi stamping.  What a perfect Tri-fecta for me today.  Thanks so much to the design teams at Mo's, Freshly Made Sketches and Divas for the inspiration to my creativity and the opportunity to participate in these challenges.

This week's challenge from Mo Manning's DP2 Challenge  is a Photo Inspiration.  As soon as I saw the photo I knew it had to be a wedding card that I would create.  The sketch from Lesley at Freshly Made Sketches was just the framework I needed to add to Mo's inspiration for this card.  On a side note, today is my 21st anniversary. This sweet digital image by Mo Manning reminds me of my wedding day and of how young we were when we got married. My how time has flown by! 



I knew that I wanted to use flowers on this card as my embellishment, but I couldn't find just what I had in mind - suddenly it dawned on me to color the flowers I had from a retired Stampin Up! stash and the result was even better than I had been looking for.

Here's a couple other views and the inside too:







My husband saw me working on this card last night and I think he thinks it is for him. I have a surprise for him though, instead I am making him a mini memory album of us through the past 21 years (which I need to get finished done before dinner tonight - so I better get going on this now!).

Thanks so much for stopping by to view my card - I appreciate that you take the time to pop in and visit and sometimes leave me comments that brighten my day.  I hope this has inspired you in some way! Hugs.     
Supplies (all from Stampin Up! except the Mo digital image and Copic markers):  Cardstock - Whisper White, Pretty in Pink and Basic Grey (textured).  Patterned Paper - Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (Pretty in Pink used here) #117152.  Digital Image - Bride and Groom Dancing from Mo Mannings Digital Pencil Shop. Sentiments - (card front) Loving Thoughts (125843 wood or 125845 clear), available in the Occassions Mini until April 30th and (inside) God's Blessings (114972).  This is actually all one sentiment that I taped off on the stamp and used separately for this card.  The hearts texture on the left side of the card is from the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (125601) available in the Occassions Mini catalog until April 30th.  The Flowered textured piece on the inside of the card was made with the Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions Embossing folder (114517).  Punches used for the sentiment on front are the Modern Label (119849) and a small oval (retired).  Flowers are from my retired Stampin Up! stash colored with my Copics and the sheer green ribbon is from the Sale-A-Bration catalog (which expires today!).  Image is colored with my Copic markers.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle, beautiful card. Love the image and your flowers are just gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wedding card! So glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful wedding card. Your coloring is so pretty and the flowers are the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so enjoying being able to participate in these challenges. Thank you so much for all your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Your card is gorgeous! Hope you have a nice evening with the sweet husband and that he appreciates the beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning, such a beautiful couple. Thanks for joining us this week at Mo's.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love the roses...the color is gorgeous! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!