Friday, April 27, 2012

MOJO238 and Creative Card Crew #9

Hello friends!  I am finally getting my entry done for the Mojo Monday Challenge #238 - this has been a crazy week for me - and TGIF!  As soon as I saw the sketch by Mary Fish I just knew I had to make a "baby quilt".

 I am also entering this card in the Creative Card Crew Challenge #9 -Ribbon.  The ribbon on my card is the 3/8" pleated satin ribbon wrapped around the back of the image circle and adhered with sticky strip.  Every blankie needs a satin ribbon on it somewhere - don't you think?   I know that this was one of the favorite features on my kids blankies.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit - I'm sure glad you did and I hope you like this card.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Here's a little closer view of the texture I used on the paper and how that ribbon is wrapped on there: 
Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - So Saffron (base) Certainly Celery, Whisper White.  Patterned paper - Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack in the Subtles collection (pretty in pink, bashful blue and certainly celery).  Stamps - Easy Events (duck) and Tiny Tags.  I stamped the image with Staz On ink and then colored it with a blender pen and ink from the refill bottles (pretty in pink, bashful blue, certainly celery and so saffron).  I used the tiny tag punch for the sentiment.  Each quilt piece is 1 1/4" square.  After I glued them onto a base I ran the whole thing through my Sizzix Big Shot using the square lattice textured embossing folder to give it a fabric look.

2 comments:

  1. Love your patchwork and the way that you've used your ribbon is superb :o)

    Thanks for joining us at The Creative Card Crew for our ribbon challenge

    Margaret DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!