Sunday, April 22, 2012

Our Creative Corner - Butterflies




Hello and Happy Sunday to you!  This morning I woke up to sunshine and the sound of birds singing - how terrific is that?!  I haven't yet seen a butterfly this season but I'm hopeful that soon I'll be seeing them. The challenge this week at Our Creative Corner is to make a project with butterflies and to tell them why we like butterflies.   I think butterflies are one of God's finest creations.  To me they symbolize beauty, hope and blessings.  They are so delicate and yet so powerful in the wonderful, happy feelings they bring to people when they fly by (don't you just always seem to kind of suck your breath in and say "look there's a butterfly"?)  - or if you are the lucky recipient to have one land on you, doesn't it feel especially peaceful?  Anyway, that's why I like butterflies, what they mean to me and this is the card I would like to enter in this challenge.  Thanks ladies at OCCC for the fun challenge and thanks to you for stopping by to visit! Leave me a note if you saw something you liked - it always makes my day to hear from you.  Hugs!

Details and Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White.  The banner is from the Sizzix Bigz XL Petal Cone die (I had to snip a piece out of the middle to get it to fit on the card this way).  The sentiment is layered using the scalloped oval, Wide Oval and Small Oval punches.  Stamp set used are "Just Believe" and "Kindness Matters".  Ink colors are Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Peach Parfait.  The pearls are from the Basic Pearls set.  I used the Elegant Lines texured embossing folder for the background.  I snipped one extra little butterfly out and put it on top of one that I had stamped and folded the wings in just slightly to look as if it is in flight (not sure that reallys shows up as well as I would like in the picture though). 

2 comments:

  1. What a darling card. Love the colors and the pearls...great butterflies as well! Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, this is bright, beautiful and full of awesome detail! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!