Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Paper Creations Ink! Challenge #22 Natural Materials

Hello! I have created this card to participate in Paper Creations Ink! Challenge #22 "Natural Materials (burlap, twine, cork, twigs, leaves, etc.)"!  I used a wood sheet for the main layer and the sentiment tag.  I also used some natural linen thread and sticking with the "Natural" theme I chose the Lovely As A Tree stamp for my main image.  This picture really doesn't do this card justice it is so much nicer in real life.  After I finished it I was almost surprised at how gorgeous it turned - simple and understated but elegant too somehow (if elegant is the right word to use for a masculine card that is).  I enjoyed this challenge - thanks design team at Paper Creations Ink!  Hope you enjoy today's card and thanks so much for stopping by!

Details: Finished card size is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  I cut a piece of the wood sheet with my paper cutter (its very thin and almost fragile) and glued it to the cardstock base of textured Always Artichoke.  I stamped the image on the DSP and heat embossed the image.  Then I used my finger daubers to add the color to the sky, ground and trees. I stamped the sentiment on the wood sheet and then punched out with the Modern Label Punch (119849).  I also punched another piece using Old Olive cardstock and cut it in half to layer behind the wood sentiment.  I wrapped the linen thread around the DSP (layered on a piece of Always Artichoke textured cardstock) several times to get the thicker effect then glued the layered sentiment on top of that.   

Supplies (all from Stampin' Up!):  Cardstock - Always Artichoke. Wood Sheet (116309). Patterned Paper - Frostwood Lodge (retired from Holiday Mini). Linen thread (104199).  Inks - Chocolate chip, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue and Marina Mist. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    I love your card and the wonderful trees! Also love the twine you have added :)
    Thanks so much for joining us at PaperCreations Challenges :)
    Huggs
    Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning, not sure if you have seen the Mojo Monday Blog, check it out...

    http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2012/04/mojo-monday-235-winners.html

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa - for your nice comment and the note on Mojo Monday. I found out by receiving two very nice notes from the other winners. I was so surprised and had to quickly pop in and check it out. I spent all day grinning every time I thought about it and couldn't wait to get home and post the great news. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!