Saturday, August 15, 2015

My Time to Craft #302 - Easel cards

Hello again sweet friends.
I'm back with another card for the newest
challenge at MY TIME TO CRAFT.

For the next two weeks we'd like to see your 
easel cards and creations.  I love to make easel
cards but don't do it very often for some reason.
They really are super easy and are a nice change of pace. 

Since this year seems to be going by so very fast, 
I'm getting a jump on my halloween cards - take a look:

I really love sentiment only cards lately!  This sentiment in
the moon is one of several awesome fall/halloween sentiments
in a stamp set called "Spook-tacular Sentiments" by 
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.  I used several die cuts - a circle, clouds,
and the fence.  Then I added those adorable "Scaredy Cat"  buttons.
The black cat has a lot of glitter on it which made it terribly
hard to photograph well.  There isn't anything wrong with
your eyes - trust me :o) and sorry about that. It almost makes 
you feel a bit dizzy as you look at it - arrghh!!

Do you love fun buttons but struggle with putting them on your creations?
I sure did but I found this fabulous tool called a button shank remover 
that easily snips off that pesky plastic loop on the back of  the 
buttons so you can adhere them easier on your creations.
Now that I have this I can get lots more cute buttons! 
(I got the buttons from the Kraftin' Kimmie Store). 
The papers are by Doodlebug Design - LOVE them!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Stamping Sensations August challenge - Anything Goes w/a stamp & a die
Virginia's View Challenge #17 - All things Embellished (buttons)
Crafting from the Heart - Challenge 72 "Anything goes"

Please go visit the rest of the DT at Sketch Saturday and 
see what they have made for your inspiration this fortnight.
Summer is busy but I sure hope you will find time to join us too. 

Thanks for visiting me...til next time...hugs! D 

7 comments:

  1. I love easel cards too Danielle. Hope you are well, it's been a long time since we caught up - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a fab sentiment only Halloween design! I love easel cards, but what I find challenging about them is to make the front and the panel it stands on to match, like they're part of the same scene and design. You did a great job with that on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful halloween papers and a fun sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. The colors and design are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card hun, love the sentiment & your kitty
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card hun, love the sentiment & your kitty
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!